Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy an STI?

vnboileau

Give gunbroker a look. Sometimes its a little hard to actually get the stuff you want but there may be some small gunstore in some far away land that gives you a screaming deal on one.  I once bought a 1500 Kimber series 1 for 900 bucks because a pawn shop didn't know what they had and frankly didnt care 'cause they obviously didnt pay much for it either.

1 hour ago, 427Cobra said:

I bought a BNIB Marauder at Cabelas in Allen Tx, in the gun library prices are negotiable, I asked for the rock bottom price on it, marked 1979.99, he came back with 1740, then a Veteran discount of 5%. 

Well played, that's a great price!

1 hour ago, fbzero said:

How come?  Is there some kind of problem with the Marauder, or is it just not the best tool for your intended use?

If I had to guess--shooting major in USPSA Limited. I have a Marauder for local "action shooting," IDPA, 2-Gun, and 3-Gun. I have an Edge in .40 for USPSA Limited (after shooting the Marauder in 9mm in Limited a few matches I quickly learned that I needed to shoot major.

Just now, Steppenwolf said:

If I had to guess--shooting major in USPSA Limited. I have a Marauder for local "action shooting," IDPA, 2-Gun, and 3-Gun. I have an Edge in .40 for USPSA Limited (after shooting the Marauder in 9mm in Limited a few matches I quickly learned that I needed to shoot major.

That's my guess too, was just curious because I was considering a Marauder for 3-gun and the occasional IDPA match where minor PF is fine.  I too have learned how much it bites to shoots Limited Minor ;)

4 hours ago, 427Cobra said:

I bought a BNIB Marauder at Cabelas in Allen Tx, in the gun library prices are negotiable, I asked for the rock bottom price on it, marked 1979.99, he came back with 1740, then a Veteran discount of 5%. 

Wish I could find a new one for that price.