Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 9 year daughter wants to help build her AR

lpspinner

OK, so because of funds, this was going to be a long process. But my daughter saw the Pink Magpul furniture and asked what it was for and now wants to build one.

So my daughter is 9, how old was your child's first AR? My issue is that she's a south paw. She shoots her Pink Daisy left handed. Should I build her AR left handed? I was looking for a Pink Lower and upper. A left handed Pink upper is the challenge, unless I have it all painted.

Any advice on what you guys did for your junior shooters? Oh, and being behind enemy lines, she's going to have to deal with the new 2017 Bullet button. 

Hello: Ergo grip make some cool looking furniture as well. You could have the upper and lower powder coated. Maybe hydrograghic pattern as well. I would build her a PCC or a Ruger 10/22 with a Nordic conversion. Get her shooting steel challenge type stuff with a rifle and pistol. Thanks, Eric

When my daughter was 12, we did a 10/22 build. I highly encourage you to do your project. We had great fun.

I just bought the cheapest 10/22 I could find with a stainless receiver. We sold off everything but the bolt and receiver. Sent the bolt out to a guy in Alabama for blueprinting and polished up the inside of the receiver our selves. I let her pick the stock she wanted and I picked up the barrel and trigger parts from Kidd. Her rifle turned out great and its a real shooter. She can dump round after round through a quarter sized hole at 50 yards.

Enjoy you journey!

photo3_zpsa1280867.jpg

F2FB206C-862B-48A8-9D90-D3F01B92F054-474

B3AB1E00-F5D7-476C-9475-2BBE2C023FD4-474

gransport, that is so cool. For the 10/22, I one in their pink laminated multi colored stocks. I do have a spare receiver along with a .920 barrel. I also have an old Fajen unfinished thumbhole stock.

Eric....I may be interested, let me know what you have?

When you have kids and grandkids....one can never have enough 10/22's.