Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite load for the .40 Tac sport??

Superpipe9

Mixed HS brass, CCI 500, 3.7gr Alliant e3, 180gr poly coated bullet @ 1.126":  172PF, SDs always in the single digits.

Same as above except 3.3gr e3 under a Rainier 135gr bullet: 109PF  With this bunny fart load the muzzle doesn't rise at all.  Great for steel that you only have to ring.  Substitute a Rainier 155gr bullet and you make 131PF.  A 165 grain makes 140PF.  The latter two are better for steel you have to knock down.

23 hours ago, zzt said:

All of the loads I listed were run in a CZ 75 Tactical Sport using a 13 lb. recoil spring.  My 2011 isn't as flexible, so I only shoot the Major load in it.

Was going to ask about recoil springs with the loads you described.  I have some 155's that I plan on trying. 

Anyone have a case gauge recommendation for the TS? I just picked up a TSO, most of my .40 loads are on the long side to work better in my Para. I'll have to come up with a new load for the TS. I realize I can use my barrel, just looking to see if there is a preference on the 100 round chamber checkers that matches these guns well. $100 for a Shockbottle or BS Hundo would kind of suck if it doesn't work well. Or maybe the 20 round DAA?

I still plunk mine.  It sucks but, the price is right.

To be honest even the stuff that I don't plunk (range ammo) doesn't give me any trouble.  I typically use 180 RNFP's at 1.125 OAL. CCI's and Winchester primers. Loaded on a SDB.  I can't recall ever having a failure to fire or even a misfeed with that combo.

T, I use the 100 round Shockbottle in 40 long for both long and normal length rounds.  I load for my TS at 1.126" and I actually like using the long Shockbottle.  I drop them in and lift the front of the unit when fully loaded.  All the case heads fall below the top of the unit by a little bit.  Anything that doesn't gets pulled out as practice ammo.  I run by finger over each cartridge to feel for high primers and to make sure the head is below the top.  Lay it down on the table again and the heads stick up a little.  That's perfect for magic marking the heads to identify your brass.

15 hours ago, zzt said:

T, I use the 100 round Shockbottle in 40 long for both long and normal length rounds.  I load for my TS at 1.126" and I actually like using the long Shockbottle.  

Ok, that is my next purchase. Have used it's 9mm little brother for 15,000 rounds + - and I am addicted. They are pricey, ever see a discount code for Stoeger's stuff?

My 9mm was a blemished unit but probably would be asking for a lot to find the same in 40 long.