Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC in IDPA

RH45

4 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

My local club doesn't allow PCC anyway. Now CO has exploded and I couldn't tell you the last time someone was HOA with a iron sight gun, and typically only 1 or 2 iron sight guys break the top ten.

Yeah, at the IDPA clubs I've shot at the crowd is a bit older than the USPSA crowd but I'm happy to see more participation and a renewed love for the sport with red dots. A lot of them were frustrated with deteriorating eyesight and the red dot helps overcome that for most of them. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Doge said:

Yeah, at the IDPA clubs I've shot at the crowd is a bit older than the USPSA crowd but I'm happy to see more participation and a renewed love for the sport with red dots. A lot of them were frustrated with deteriorating eyesight and the red dot helps overcome that for most of them. 

Yes, I bought my last pistol (which is RD compatible) with the view that as the eyesight deteriorated I'd probably shift from iron sights over to it.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I used the TF magwell on my JP at every idpa match I ever shot with it.

Magwells don't show up on the list of PCC allowable (inclusive) modifications.  That means, at least in english, that if something isn't there then you can't do it/use it.

The fact that no one has mentioned that at a match is no surprise.  My experience with IDPA SOs has been that their rules knowledge is universally poor.

22 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Magwells don't show up on the list of PCC allowable (inclusive) modifications.  That means, at least in english, that if something isn't there then you can't do it/use it.

The fact that no one has mentioned that at a match is no surprise.  My experience with IDPA SOs has been that their rules knowledge is universally poor.

I now have email confirmation from IDPA that magwells are LEGAL for pcc in IDPA.