Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Rules Contradiction

Sarge

Any turn and draw, no reload classifier. Turn and draw becomes low ready. A sweet 1 second spot on a 3 second classifier with no HHF correction. 

Think diamond cutter, eye of the tiger, and similar. 

Edited by theWacoKid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

Any turn and draw, no reload classifier. Turn and draw becomes low ready. A sweet 1 second spot on a 3 second classifier with no HHF correction. 

Think diamond cutter, eye of the tiger, and similar. 

And since the scores are based on Open how is this any different, easier, etc.?

The PCC scores for those map to the Open scores.  There's no "A in Open = GM in PCC" or anything like that.

Edited by mreed911

Turn and draw GM time is in the 1.2-1.4 seconds. PCC low ready is easy sub 0.5 "draw". So you are spotted around a second on benchmark GM open times that are around 3 seconds. That's being given almost 30% time advantage relative to the HHF from open that's being used. 

I don't understand how that isn't clear. 

13 hours ago, theWacoKid said:

My disdain is more based on the completely different rules with respect to gun handling outside the course of fire.  I personally don't like it and I think it's just out of place. 

The HHF thing is just simply pathetic and mocks the system. 

Outside the COF?  Do you mean the flag and sling wording?  Personally I've only seen PCCs being bagged between stages.  As far as HHF I agree that uprange starts offer significant advantage to PCC.  I also agree that those competing in PCC are jumping up in class.  If it were my call I would not classify anybody in any provisional division but just build a database of their scores.  If the division is approved you then use that database to set HHFs for the division.  That is not the way USPSA decided to implement this though.  

I am interested to see (assuming PCC becomes an official division) if there is a blanket recalculation of classifications utilizing PCC data rather than Open.  It would seem the fairest thing to do not only for those who join PCC later but for those in other divisions who feel that classifications earned via PCC in the current format somehow tarnishes their own classification.  

• 3 years later...

I started off shooting matches with a 1911, but that wasn't challenging enough so I moved on to revolver, which was REALLY fun... (you should try it) only to have people complain and say that revolvers should be banned from the sport (because it somehow offended them?  I'm not sure...) and I recently started shooting PCC (last year), just for the fun of it, to try something new.  Everyone getting upset over something new or "different" when it doesn't hurt them in ANY way, is the saddest thing I have ever seen.  This shouldn't be an elitist sport, but it sure feels that way...  I'm glad more people are getting into PCC.  It's fun and should be around for a long time.