Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Stock 2

LegionShooter

Got a Stock 2 a few days ago, and I learned three things on my range trip with my first Tanfoglio.  First, I need thinner grips.  Second, the windage adjustment is a bear, I still can't move it.  Third, it's going to take some practice to get back into a DA/SA trigger after shooting Glocks for so many years.  Gun is really nice though, and really accurate, albeit grouping slightly to the right of POA.  Looking forward to load dev and my first match with it.

My elevation was impossible... I ended up needing to put a flat head bit in a freaking socket wrench to get it to loosen. I backed it all the way out and made sure there was no debris in it. Seemed like they just tightened it ALL the way down onto the detent. Put some light grease on it and put it back in... No more issues. Give that a shot see if it works out for you. Make sure it isn't cross threaded. Or something. I thought for sure some a_-hole has hit mine with a 700lbs-ft air gun when I was trying to get it out.

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

My elevation was impossible... I ended up needing to put a flat head bit in a freaking socket wrench to get it to loosen. I backed it all the way out and made sure there was no debris in it. Seemed like they just tightened it ALL the way down onto the detent. Put some light grease on it and put it back in... No more issues. Give that a shot see if it works out for you. Make sure it isn't cross threaded. Or something. I thought for sure some a_-hole has hit mine with a 700lbs-ft air gun when I was trying to get it out.

It's good to go now.  I got a bit bigger screwdriver and let 'er rip.  Just needed some more muscle than I could give it on a range bench I guess.  

9 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

My LP is shooting left.  I haven't moved the rear sight yet.  Glad I saw this thread. Now if innotice mine is difficult to move, I'll know it's not uncommon. 

Yeah don't be surprised if this is the usual.  I damn near bent a small screwdriver at the range and figured it was just me missing something.  Elevation wasn't bad, but took some effort.  

20 hours ago, johnbu said:

On elevation, pushing down on the sight takes off pressure  so it moves easier. Not sure why windage was stuck.

Pushing down on the sight helps for adjusting elevation unless the screws holding the sight are coming loose as I found out. I also found using a screw driver for both elevation and windage to work much better than provided tool.