Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thin Bogies

ArrDave

IMG_3739.JPG

On the 75B I cannot reach the mag release without seriously messing up my grip with the palmswell bogies.  Since I actually carry this guy as well from time to time I wanted a thinner set.  I might just put these on my match guns as well I like them so much.  Super aggressive, feel great in in hand.  Great fit.  Very happy. 

IMG_3739.JPG

On the 75B I cannot reach the mag release without seriously messing up my grip with the palmswell bogies.  Since I actually carry this guy as well from time to time I wanted a thinner set.  I might just put these on my match guns as well I like them so much.  Super aggressive, feel great in in hand.  Great fit.  Very happy. 

I have the same ones only blue/black and I like them a lot e3027f0341004cc5c952eba6b76f0506.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Send him an email he would probably do them in red for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah,but probably at an incredible price. I asked to have a tekmat for Czechmate. They said no problem, but they would need a minimum order of 200. Damn, if only I had 199 friends that had czechmates.........

Edited by abb1

11 hours ago, abb1 said:

Yeah,but probably at an incredible price. I asked to have a tekmat for Czechmate. They said no problem, but they would need a minimum order of 200. Damn, if only I had 199 friends that had czechmates.........

Red is a standard color. And Jayson is the lone worker for Lok Grips. He can do whatever you want. I paid $15 for my special order G-Wood grips, and that was purely just to order in the pieces of G-Wood. He didn't charge me extra to actually work the material. I'm pretty sure there's no additional charge for red. Probably just not updated on his site.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

1 hour ago, 01Deuce said:

Jayson sent me this picture when I inquired about red thin bogies. Not really the shade I was looking for, but he can do thin bogies in this color. 

Too light, a dark red, like the blue would be awesome. I would be disappointed if I received that. It is almost a rose color, great for women, I guess....

Edited by abb1

3 hours ago, abb1 said:

Too light, a dark red, like the blue would be awesome. I would be disappointed if I received that. It is almost a rose color, great for women, I guess....

Again, ask him. He sent me his supplier's website and they have so many different types of G10. Like this: http://masecraftsupply-com.3dcartstores.com/G10-Red-Black-2-x-2-Layering-14_p_2388.html

If you really want it, you can have it done. It's up to you.

The thickness feels about the same.  On a 75B I can't reliably reach the mag release with any sort of thicker grips/palmswell but I can do it with the thin aluminum ones and the thin bogies, for sure. 

Thanks...   I see it on their website now. 

"These grips are thinner than the stock grips.  With the stock grips, the total thickness of the gun across the grips is ~1.41''.  With our grips, it measures 1.17''.  So these grips are approx .12'' thinner each than the stock grips.  These grips are .025'' thicker than the thin aluminum grips (not much thicker - we had to add a little extra material for the heavy texturing on these grips). "

Might have to give them a try. SOMEBODY tried to get creative and punch/stipple the back of his aluminum grips and it didn't go so well. :D

Of course I haven't shot Production in 2-3 years, but I can't let that stop me from spending money I don't have. ;)

• 2 years later...
On 1/16/2017 at 1:03 AM, abb1 said:

On 1/16/2017 at 2:27 AM, 01Deuce said:

I agree. I was hoping for a dark red. I ended up going with black. 

Necropost I know, apologies everyone lol

Just trawling threads for info on the thin LOKs and noticed these posts about not being happy with the stock LOK colours. FYI (and anyone else interested) you can completely successfully dye G10 a darker shade using Rit clothing dye, and a split coathanger to hold the grips in suspension in the saucepan.

Thin bogies are great for my stumpy not-allowed-to-play-the-saxophone-in-4th-grade-band hands

I have the blue palmswells and the safety orange thin and I prefer the thin 100% of the time for the S2. On my AccuShadow I put the palmswells on and it evens out the width so it roughly matches the S2, so win-win