Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kadet 2 and sp-01 front sight question

TheChef1

Bought a czcustom tactical rear side with their recommended 6.5mm front site. my POI was about 4 inches high at 7 yards and worse the further out I shot Im used to a POI POA sight picture. Im looking to get a Dawson front sight as I think they make a better sight then CZC does anyone have this setup they can tell me what size FO front they are running? I'm thinking .240x.90 might be a good way to go as its a little shorter than the CZC. Also I want to buy a Dawson front sight for my Kadet 2 does anyone know what front sight to run there? I read some stuff on forums about a 7.5mm but nothing was to certain also Dawson does not work in MM and have the exact same sizes. Thanks I'm going to put a link to dawsons front sight options for both 

https://dawsonprecision.com/cz-kadet-22-fiber-optic-front-sights/

https://dawsonprecision.com/cz-75-shadow-sp-01-fiber-optic-front-sights/

I just installed the Dawson .170X.90 on my kadet.  It's great!  Dawson sights on my 75s are tricky.  They measure the height above the slide.  The problem is that there is a gap beneath the blade so that the actual height of their .170 is approx. .190".

If you want a lower poi, then you should get a taller front sight.  Just measure the height of your present sight above the top of slide and call Dawson and they will set you up.

7 hours ago, jrabs said:

I just installed the Dawson .170X.90 on my kadet.  It's great!  Dawson sights on my 75s are tricky.  They measure the height above the slide.  The problem is that there is a gap beneath the blade so that the actual height of their .170 is approx. .190".

If you want a lower poi, then you should get a taller front sight.  Just measure the height of your present sight above the top of slide and call Dawson and they will set you up.

Have you shot it with the .170 yet?

I have this set up on my kadet 2. The front  sight on mine is .220 from the top of the slide to the to of the sight. This is how Dawson measures their front sights. It poa from 7 yards to 25 yards, haven't really done much shooting with it past 25 yards.

85D55ACE-2B40-4AFA-9CFF-9FDBF93D6B7B_zps

Edited by Peplow530

3 minutes ago, Peplow530 said:

I have this set up on my kadet 2. The front  sight on mine is .220 from the top of the slide to the to of the sight. This is how Dawson measures their front sights. It poa from 7 yards to 25 yards, haven't really done much shooting with it past 25 yards.

Please excuse the wacky looking calipers. They fell of the bench one day and the dial completely shifted its zero, hahaha.

13 hours ago, Peplow530 said:

So thats the CZ custom tactical rear with a .220 dawson front? Thanks for the pics looks great.

8 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

So thats the CZ custom tactical rear with a .220 dawson front? Thanks for the pics looks great.

Correct, although i am measuring from the top of the slide to the top of the sight, I didn't take into account the gap in between the top of the slide and the bottom of the blade. Looking at the Dawson website you'll want order the .215 height. Dawson measures ther front sights on blade height, where CZ Customs measures their front sights from bottom of dove tail to top of blade.

Perfect thanks for the help. Did the czc rear tap right it or did you fit it?

4 hours ago, Peplow530 said:

Correct, although i am measuring from the top of the slide to the top of the sight, I didn't take into account the gap in between the top of the slide and the bottom of the blade. Looking at the Dawson website you'll want order the .215 height. Dawson measures ther front sights on blade height, where CZ Customs measures their front sights from bottom of dove tail to top of blade.