Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 NSSF World Rimfire Challenge

Dad

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, reading another site, there was a mention of going back to Caver Cove or some place in Kalifornia.  

I hope is it stays in the midwest

Dad syas no way were going to CALI with firearms

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Broski said:

Ok someone explain to me. From what I am gathering it's like steel challenge on steroids? I think I might be interested in going, but have no idea what I would be getting into.

More like steel challenge for 22 LR only. Competitors must shoot pistol and rifle in the event. It's a ton of fun.

Will be 16 stages like last year most likely. Whether you start on a pistol or rifle stage you will do all the stages for that firearm before shifting to the ones for the other. Will also be a side match on Friday. The main match is shot over 2 days. No super squad as most sign up with their buddies. Current world champ is Kolby Pavlock, a Junior (close to adult also). 2 years ago in Arkansas he spanked 2 time world rimfire champ BJ Norris's butt shooting in the Limited division (iron sights) to win the 2015 title and he won again last year in Alabama. You can enter to shoot both Open and Limited but your Open firearms have to be shot first on each stage per the NSSF rules. Prize table is pretty extensive, however, its random draw since 2015. If they do it like last year they give out the awards, then draw for the firearms, then redraw for a walk down the prize table. I think there was something like 30 guns last year. Remington is close by and they donated a number of shotguns and rifles to the prize table. All the rest are rimfires.

Its one of those matches where you go for the fun of it. If you win a firearm that's a bonus.

Edited by photoracer

1 hour ago, photoracer said:

Will be 16 stages like last year most likely. Whether you start on a pistol or rifle stage you will do all the stages for that firearm before shifting to the ones for the other. Will also be a side match on Friday. The main match is shot over 2 days. No super squad as most sign up with their buddies. Current world champ is Kolby Pavlock, a Junior (close to adult also). 2 years ago in Arkansas he spanked 2 time world rimfire champ BJ Norris's butt shooting in the Limited division (iron sights) to win the 2015 title and he won again last year in Alabama. You can enter to shoot both Open and Limited but your Open firearms have to be shot first on each stage per the NSSF rules. Prize table is pretty extensive, however, its random draw since 2015. If they do it like last year they give out the awards, then draw for the firearms, then redraw for a walk down the prize table. I think there was something like 30 guns last year. Remington is close by and they donated a number of shotguns and rifles to the prize table. All the rest are rimfires.

Its one of those matches where you go for the fun of it. If you win a firearm that's a bonus.

Great info!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This year the plan is to only do 14 stages. Maybe 8 Saturday and 6 Sunday. Plus the Friday side match.  It's still a month away but the weather should be great.  Nothing above 80 degrees forecast here for a while.  Prize table should be bigger than ever.