Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
perttime

New Tikka unveiled: T3x TAC A1

For many Tikka is the brand to go to when they want a rifle that is guaranteed accurate but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Many just don't like the simple stocks, and put them in any one of the many aftermarket options.

Now, Tikka has a model with a modular chassis on the way.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/15/new-tikka-unveiled-t3x-tac-a1/

Tikka T3X TAC A1 is fully modular and therefore fulfills all operational requirements. The aluminum chassis stock system is compatible with most common type AR fore-ends, pistol grips and rear stocks. It offers a foldable rear stock with quick adjustable cheek piece and adjustable length of pull. The muzzle is threaded for attaching muzzle brakes and / or suppressors.

Not sure when it will be available. Finnish shops seem to expect it in a couple of months. Sako - Tikka should have it at Shot Show, in about 2 weeks.TIKKA-TAC-a1-660x222.jpg

I used to have a Tikka M65A which is really a direct ancestor of this, with the aluminium bedding block and tube stock. This might be a good modern successor. Tikkas tend to shoot. If the handguard is soft, there's a plenty of options for replacing it.

Haven't seen firm prices yet. I suspect it will be a little more than Ruger Precision Rifle. I hope we'll know more after Shot Show.

308Win / 260Rem / 6,5 Creedmoor have been mentioned as calibers.

Decent for a factory offering, but for the same money you could have a tikka in an XLR chassis *shrug*

The only real advantage of something like this would be trying to compete in the PRS production division which only leaves you ~$1000 MSRP for an optic. 

I'm pretty excited about this rifle. I've been obsessed with Finnish stuff ever since I bought an M39 and built a Suomi parts kit. 

I finally got one and it only took 9 months to get it.

Now to find the time to break it in.

Glad it came with two mags and a 3rd one once I register it with the manufacture.

Edited by fedupflyer

I hear lots have been sold in USA. It is a bit heavier than what people traditionally think of as hunting rifles.