Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BOLO installed in Single Action Only gun.

johnbu

I was checking out the steps to add a BOLO in a SAO gun with competition frame AND Titan Hammer.  I have a Match (but factory hammer) so it "donated" the trigger.

Step 1 is to take out the pre-travel screw.

tmp_30302-20170102_114432780948013.jpg

tmp_30302-20170107_104421-777135740.jpg

As far as I know, any large frame competition frame (squared trigger guard) single action will be pretty nearly drop in as long as the titan hammer is used. So limited, gold team, hunter add a titan hammer and the bolo is good to go.

The round trigger guard guns (I've been told) need fitting of the bolo to get the sa to reset.

10 hours ago, johnbu said:

As far as I know, any large frame competition frame (squared trigger guard) single action will be pretty nearly drop in as long as the titan hammer is used. So limited, gold team, hunter add a titan hammer and the bolo is good to go.

The round trigger guard guns (I've been told) need fitting of the bolo to get the sa to reset.

Thank you for the info. That is promising. I shall look into the mod this year.

By the way, the sear does not need to be changed with the Titan hammer? Will the stock sear work with the Titan?

Cheers

Edited by jaep1911

The one piece sear and titan need to be fitted to ensure the safety will engage. The titan geometry is different enough to need fitting.

Memphis has a very good pictorial thread on it.

The long slide guns (match, lim pro, limited, gold team, hunter) usually are shipped with a one piece sear. AFAIK. but not the titan hammer.

Fitting Titan and 1-piece sear combination:

It takes perhaps ten minutes of testing & fitting with a dremel. Since this surface doesn't affect anything except how smoothly the safety flicks on & off, I don't bother polishing it afterward.

Being able to feel the safety move is actually a benefit, in my mind.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

5 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

When using a BOLO in an SAO configuration with the hammer down the action just sits somewhere short of a full DA reset? 

You need the sao trigger. It limits forward motion.

2 hours ago, TMcGowan said:

My Llmited Xtreme came with the one piece sear.  It came with the delta hammer already installed and I got the same results as johnbu.  

Good to hear.