Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Plunger sticking

I posted this in reply to another guy having the same issue.   But figure it will be better as a new one.

I called support as I saw it within the first 500 reloads, support guy said he's never heard of the issue and couldn't help.

* I have torn apart the case feeder assembly - added a shim in to the tube funnel made from a old pop can, ( it helped a little as I was thinking that the cases were able to tilt as they dropped out of the clear tube to the case / plunger adapter ( green funnel).

* I have also noticed I wasn't having the issue at all when I had only no more than ten cases putting pressure from the top. Which means I have to constantly power ON / OFF the case feeder hopper to keep the the press fed.

I have pictures of what you are seeing too.

VIDEO Clip of it happening

Any help on this would be great!

Edited by FriedCheese

This happened to me before and there were two different causes. 

The first  time it happened there was tumbling media down in the casefeed plunger. It was a simple fix, I just cleaned it out and reassembled. Things were good to go. 

The other time the locator tab bolt ( PN/ 13333) was slightly bent. I ordered some from McMaster Carr and I was back in business. 

Mine did that. Took it apart,  cleaned it re grease the sides and bottom and it's been good ever since. It was worse when I got a 380 in the stack of cases for some reason 

I only have 5k through mine new when I had to do it 

Edited by Kraj

• 2 weeks later...