Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading

GOF

If this has been covered in previous posts I apologize, but I could not find it.

It used to be that a PE was earned if a shooter left a shooting position to advance to another shooting position, with an empty gun -- regardless of whether they were exposed to unengaged targets or not. NOW.. I see a new a reloading rule for 2017 that says you can reload standing, or moving, as long as you are not exposed to unengaged targets while you do it.

That would seem to make leaving a shooting position with an empty gun, and reloading as you moved to the next one, perfectly legal if you are not exposed to unengaged targets while you do it. Right? Wrong? Brain Trust?

Never mind. I just talked to Robert Ray at IDPA HQ. He says it means exactly what it says. Reload anytime, and anywhere, as long as you are not exposed to unengaged targets. You can leave a shooting position with an empty gun, reload as you move to the next one, as long as you are not exposed to unengaged targets during the process. That's a significant change.

Yep, went out and practiced this and the new fault lines today. Significant changes for sure. Round dump in the right spot and do a moving slide lock reload. New skill to separate the top from the bottom.