Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver reload rules?

Peterock

Having shot all of 2 practice matches with a revolver and speedloaders, can anyone tell me the simplified reloading rules for revolver division now?  I found myself constantly questioning if I could reload on the move behind cover, or if I could reload in the open, etc.  I've shot SSP for about 4 yrs, so I'm aware of the bottom feeder rules but I'm curious if there are any "hints" any revo guys would like to share.  

Same as the autos, you may now reload any time you are not in view of unengaged targets.  You may also reload immediately if you run out in the open.  I am not well enough coordinated to manage a speedloader while traveling.  Maybe a clip. 

Edited by Jim Watson

So if I'm out in the open, in front of unengaged targets and run dry, I can reload and re-engage those targets before going to cover?

will I still get a PE if I cross an open area with an empty gun if I've engaged all targets in said open area?  This happened once as I didn't realize I was dry before moving to my next target.  

3.5.2 When cover is available it must be used while engaging targets, unless the shooter is “in the open” and must

engage targets “in the open.” Shooters may not cross or enter any openings (doorways, open spaces, etc.)

without first engaging targets visible from those locations.

3.5.6 Cover During Reloads

A. When the shooter runs the firearm empty in the open, the shooter may reload in the open and continue

engaging targets as needed or move to the next shooting position.

B. In stages with cover or concealment, shooters may reload standing still or on the move at any time, as long as

they are not exposed to targets that are not fully engaged during the reload

"in the open" is kind of hard to determine, even reading the rule book.  the only time you will see it will be a retreat to cover from a start in the open and if you are given 2 targets then you will need to round dump, if it's 3 targets, the, 1,1,2,1,1, reload before you get to next postion.   if you are going to round dump in the old rule book, then you shot  3 in each target and made sure that one shot was a -1 so it didn't look like round dumping.  In the new rule book, I think that round dumping is allowed.  

10 hours ago, JohnRodriguez said:

"in the open" is kind of hard to determine, even reading the rule book.  the only time you will see it will be a retreat to cover from a start in the open and if you are given 2 targets then you will need to round dump, if it's 3 targets, the, 1,1,2,1,1, reload before you get to next postion.   if you are going to round dump in the old rule book, then you shot  3 in each target and made sure that one shot was a -1 so it didn't look like round dumping.  In the new rule book, I think that round dumping is allowed.  

You're at least two rule books behind. Nobody would ever call round dumping for extra shots on the move before, and "round dumping" has been gone for a while. There is also no more tac-sequence in the new rulebook.