Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested!! Hammer springs & PF Firing Pin Pencil Test

7 hours ago, johnbu said:

Pretty sure ...

..... i don't know !

I suspect it's in the sear, sear cage, sear cage pocket (in the frame) relationship.  The same reason shaving the BOLO nose reduces pull weight while lengthening hammer swing.

I agree must be the angle of the ramp!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be expensive to think about these things.

Optimizing the ramp profile for maximum hammer travel and smoothest lift angle seems like a better solution than shortening bolos to get more travel in double action. 

I do not have the machinist ninja skills (or at least the guts) to try this, but I could see it as something that a real gunsmith might figure out and then offer as part of a tuning/competition package. 

4 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Optimizing the ramp profile for maximum hammer travel and smoothest lift angle seems like a better solution than shortening bolos to get more travel in double action.  

Personally, I'd rather FUBAR a bolo than a frame... but that's just me being cheap.

(Lol)

9 hours ago, johnbu said:

Personally, I'd rather FUBAR a bolo than a frame... but that's just me being cheap.

(Lol)

Agreed. 

But I think you could do more good for the trigger by getting the ideal ramp angle ,and maximizing double action travel, than just by shortening the bolo and getting the latter.

Not important, just an errant notion of a tinkering junkie. 

I actually agree. But (shudder) without a mill and years of experience, i sure won't be the one pioneering !

And i strongly feel more gain is available in adjusting the fitment of the sear pack to the frame.  some (like mine) move around a lot.

Maybe santa will bring me a tig ?

On 11/21/2018 at 6:12 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

It can be expensive to think about these things.

I do not have the machinist ninja skills (or at least the guts) to try this, but I could see it as something that a real gunsmith might figure out and then offer as part of a tuning/competition package. 

I wonder what is PD’s input on this!

:)

gow can we tag them in this post.