Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested!! Hammer springs & PF Firing Pin Pencil Test

5 minutes ago, Stician said:

I've noticed plenty of this.  I have two large frame Stock II's.  One new school with a flatter beavertail and more pronounced backstrap hump.  The trade-offs I've noticed after installing EGG light and now PD14 along with Xtreme trigger, Titan hammer, Xtreme sear are the following.  The newer gun has tighter slide to frame fit, smoother DA pull with less pronounced stacking.  But the inside of the mag well area is tighter than the older gun.  I tuned them with identical parts yet the older gun sends a pencil 2" higher in DA and almost 3" higher in SA.  I've never had any issues setting off CCI, X-Treme, S&B and Federal and my pull weights are little under 7 and 3 lbs.  EGD light would need to be swapped out every 3000 rounds but so far PD14 is holding up.  Also I've tried EGD medium using stock firing pin in a Limited Pro.  Pops everything.  I think the market could use a PD15!  The feel of your springs are superior.  

Appreciate this information..... Good review of what a lot of folks are battling 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 11:05 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Tracks with my info nicely - it stacks to 7lbs at the back of the DA pull, but hits fussy CCI primers like a mother.

I'm running the 13lb Wolff for now and have shot two matches without issue. Time to tear it apart to clean and do another round of polishing. I have been using CCI SPPs. 

On a gun that had a 5.5lb DA with a 12lb spring the 15.5 brought it up to a crisp 7.5lb DA and the SA increased from 2.2lbs to 2.6lbs. Its launching about 3-4" below the EG medium spring in DA however the EG medium spring we used came in at a whopping 16.5lb spring rate. We ran through 50 DA only shots with feds, wins, CCI, Wolf, and S&B with no light strikes what so ever. The gun has about 20,000rnds through it, nothing to special on the polish job, and of course all the go fast parts. I think this will be your answer for you guys that find it acceptable to have a heavier trigger pull weights and a gun that eats just about everything. Hope you enjoy, its color coded pink by the way for easy identification. 

Edited by PatriotDefense

8 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

It broke the machine......

Haha !

To be honest, i (temporarily - i hope!) put factory springs in the guns to work on trigger control. It "only" went up by 70% (5.0 to 8.5#).  with lots of stack. Gaaaa !

But.... :(.... i need to learn how to move the trigger and not wiggle out of the A zone.

13 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Okay, good. Giving up only 1 pound with the PD 15.5 makes me think that it might just run like a top, as opposed to being a full two pounds lighter.

On the trigger pull gauge we had a full 1 pound difference in DA between our 15.5lb spring and the EG medium. As stated before we had no issues eating whatever we put in the gun....... descent polish job, go fast parts, and a properly reamed chamber.