Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tang's, how accurate

Actually @Malarkey it is important.

(All referring to 25yd with guns bagged in:)

Without a barrel swap my M&P wouldn't do less than 8" with bullets heavier than 130 grains.

Your average Glock 34 is a 3" gun roughly.

The Stock II with it's cone-fit barrel is exceptionally accurate, along the lines of most match-grade 1911s or a CZ with the Accu bushing. 1" or so is not uncommon with quality reloaded ammo.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Actually @Malarkey it is important.

(All referring to 25yd with guns bagged in:)

Without a barrel swap my M&P wouldn't do less than 8" with bullets heavier than 130 grains.

Your average Glock 34 is a 3" gun roughly.

The Stock II with it's cone-fit barrel is exceptionally accurate, along the lines of most match-grade 1911s or a CZ with the Accu bushing. 1" or so is not uncommon with quality reloaded ammo.

I agree 100%, but the other element behind this is the trigger mechanism and not just the barrel which is where I was leading the discussion into. If I have a .5" gun at 100 yards...but it takes 20lbs of force to pull the trigger, then it is going to be very difficult to achieve that accuracy. They are very accurate guns.

I was solely concerned with the mechanical accuracy of the pistols without modification. I wanted to know how well they would shoot if I locked them in a vise and pulled the trigger 5 times. Fine tuning the pistol's ergonomics to match my particular style and skill set is a separate issue.

Not all guns are incredibly accurate. Triggers don't affect the mechanical accuracy of a gun only the ease in which that accuracy can be reached.

It will one hole from 25 yards if you had it in a vise... Well maybe not one 9mm hole but like it would be very small... This is 15 or 20, can't rememebr. It was two hand standing unsupported. I don't remember if this was when the gun was factory equipment or modified though, this was a while ago though. Had to dig through the phone pics to find it.... Trigger jerking was me... Indoor range, big gun next bench over... That flinch though...

20160923_131516_zps2erwopis.jpg