Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Right side mag release in a limited 2011

Dirtchevy841

2 hours ago, thouston406 said:

Can someone describe to me how the SVI grip does the right side mag release? Is the slot for the mag catch just on the other side?

Edited by Grumpyone to remove WTB reference.

the mag catch is the same shape on both sides (after installing the button) and the mags have notches in both sides.  Essentially works the same way a glock mag release flips, to my knowledge.  I never swapped mine around.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, tha1000 said:

the mag catch is the same shape on both sides (after installing the button) and the mags have notches in both sides.  Essentially works the same way a glock mag release flips, to my knowledge.  I never swapped mine around.

The SVI mag release is different for the left side and right side.  Totally different parts and mag buttons. 

Edited by Fowlmouths

8 minutes ago, Fowlmouths said:

The SVI mag release is different for the left side and right side.  Totally different parts and mag buttons. 

Alright. I stand corrected.  I’m right handed, haven’t messed with it.  I assumed it would be reversible, but then SV couldn’t sell you another $100 worth of small parts. 

Edited by tha1000

• 1 year later...

Hi, coming into the thread VERY late I know and apologise in advance, wondering if any members can help me tracking down a Mitchell release, for my left handed Edge. Thanks in advance. 

Justin