Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Customized trubor

Acsr

Shot the first match with my new Trubot Friday night...  Trubor worked better than I did...  Lost the dot on one stage...  Need more dry firing...  Fun though... 

I originally purchased a Cheely offset mount, but it seemed to be offset more than I was expecting...  I saw a new Brazos mount for C-More's RST2 that centered the sight and had Bob's usual classy looks...  Bought one and installed it with my RTS2 and it centers the sight perfectly...  It's easy to tell how much your sight is off center by looking under the mount and looking at the screws that extend down towards the top of the slide.  If the sight is centered, both screws will be equidistant from the centerline of the barrel...

Haven't installed a slide racker yet...  Its much easier to rack the slide with the short RTS2 red dot...  Still might, but there's not much room for one on the slide...

New STI Trubor.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 11:14 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Slide racker    :) 

Made grip thinner, lightened the slide, put in a 10 lb spring, lightened

the trigger pull, grip tape, smoothed the mag well area to eliminate

excess plastic, glued the grip screws so they don't loosen/

Who are you guys having install a slide racker? Thinking about picking up one of these and to me an open gun HAS to have a slide racker. There isn't a lot of meat left on the slide so I would feel better about sending it to someone who has done a few. Any advice about smiths, rackers, etc.?

For those of you with Trubors...  Have any of you felt the need to do any throat or chamber reaming to your barrels?

I've had some feeding issues that I think I've gotten rid of with extractor work, but several people have told me that it's beneficial to run a finish reamer through a new Trubor...