Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any experience with the DDM4V11 Pro?

Spartan1911

At my local competitions I was the only one using a pump gun and the only one without a magnified optic. Well, I recently joined the rest of the 3 Gun world by upgrading from my Home Defense 870 to a Stoeger M3K, and am now looking to decide on my next project.

I do not want to change anything on my general purpose AR, so I'm looking into building or buying a dedicated 3 Gun AR. I've handled but not shot the DDM4V11 Pro and wanted to see if y'all had any thoughts on it. I looked through the search feature but couldn't find anything. I'm also considering just purchasing the upper and building the lower, but the cost will essentially be the same either way.

Planning on topping it with a Vortex 1-6x

I just bought one a week ago. It has been too cold and windy to zero in the scope/shoot, but I hope to do so soon. I checked it out at the LGS and liked the Geissele trigger, 18" barrel and handguard, BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Muzzle Climb Mitigator. and full rifle DI system, etc. I did not buy it initially because I have longer fingers and when I gripped the handguard two of my fingertips (support hand) seemed to almost touch the barrel (through the cooling holes). I did some research and found that BCM keymod rail covers were available. I ordered a pack (came in a couple of days). I went back to the gunshop to try them and they seemed to alleviate the fingertip in the cooling holes (potential issue). Other than that it is an excellently weighted gun. On my third trip to the gunshop (after researching reviews about the V11 Pro) I bought it. I will be putting my Vortex Viper 1-4x on it most likely (with some 45 degree offset iron sights).

The trigger is excellent. I was going to purchase a Geissele 3-gun Pro trigger and install it on my other Daniel Defense (DDMV9) as well as buy the BCM Gunfighter charging handle, but decided to have a dedicated 3-gun AR-15. The additional $400 for the parts was almost one-quarter of the price of the V11 Pro. I have an Aimpoint PRO that I put on my V9. I really did not want to put the 3-gun trigger in the V9 if I was going to use it for other than 3-gun (but I may put a Timney better-than-Mil-Spec trigger on it at some point).

I also know a local competitor (younger guy) that bought one (V11 Pro) and loves it. He highly recommended it when I visited with him at the LGS.