Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A-Merc Brass

xracer

Anyone have experience with A-Merc stamped brass in 45 ACP? I must have picked up a bunch (50pcs or so) at the range at some point. I can tell immediately when priming that it is this A-Merc brass, it has very loose primer pockets... Not sure if I'm going to load or shoot it...

Agree with Sarge.  Trash it.  I had real problems with it chambering.  Don't know if it is thicker than others or what was going on but I couldn't depend on it.  I routinely dump it whenever I pick up some. 

Think I'll load it and red marker it so I don't pick it back up.  Others seem to feel the same way about it.  Does it come as a loaded round or do you buy it to reload? I don't recall seeing this brand at any stores that I frequent.

Throw the crap away, I would not trust it for any reason other then to recycle it, or make key rings out of it. Half the time it will not size right, half the time the bullet crushes the shell. Terrible stuff.........

Think I'll load it and red marker it so I don't pick it back up.  Others seem to feel the same way about it.  Does it come as a loaded round or do you buy it to reload? I don't recall seeing this brand at any stores that I frequent.

Go nuts. I've had 2 case head separations in .45 with it. Standard pressure loads. Not old beat up brass either. As long as you're not shooting it out of a gun that you care about I wouldn't worry. Heck I even found all the parts it blew off my FNP 45!

• 2 weeks later...

What's really amazing here, is that if you found 50 in one place, someone made it through a box of that junk without a bunch of jams and giving up.  I keep a few pieces of brass in each caliber I load next to the press to stand in for the powder drop station when calibrating the powder drop.  A-Merc is perfectly good for that.  Maybe even for making dummy rounds.  I wouldn't reuse their brass for anything requiring live primers and powder.