Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beta Tester wanted

I guess I will be a little more direct - 

I'm looking for someone who loads on a Dillon, any model, that uses a powder that is considered "corrosive " like Longshot, Tittewad, Titegroup or Winchster Superhandicap or if you have a particular problem with static. If you answer yes to both, even better.

You need to have a powder measure with the two screws that hold it in place, not an older glued in one.

I have made a Pyrex replaceable tube but want someone else to try it to see if there are any flaws / issues / problems.

PM me - thanks

Edited by warpspeed

I've loaded with TiteGroup on my SD for 16 years (2 screw) and never had an issue other than it will turn the plastic dark after a while. The first time I replaced it, and then it just doesn't matter. I've only emptied the hopper once in that time frame because a flake of the paper seal came off the 8lb jug and got stuck in the transfer bar.

Here is a post from another forum

http://smith-wessonforum.com/reloading/258947-hodgdon-titegroup-problem.html

I use an older 550 and am having a lot of static problems w nitro 100. I have to check if my funnel is the glue in kind (it's actually my grandpas press at his house). If I have the right setup is be happy to test it out. I've tried rubbing everything with dryer sheets even :)

Red

Hello: I load on RL1050's and a Dillon SL900. I load Tite Group, HS-6, Clays, Blue Dot, Red Dot, 300MP, Clay Dot, 20/28, and a few others. The plastic discolors very quickly with some of these powders. Tite Group being one of them that turns the hopper black if left in there too long. I have a couple of 2 screw hoppers, maybe 4 total. The rest are the later style ones. Thanks, Eric