Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lefty benelli - remove bolt release

davsco

looks super easy for righty's, but the lefty bolt release is still on the right side, so with ejection port on the left side, and bolt rails, i just cannot access the top of the roll pin to tap it down to remove the bolt release.  it won't come straight up either as the rails for the bolt are in the way.

has anyone removed one of these and if so, tips and tricks?  thinking of tapping the roll pin up from the bottom and then either cutting it every 1/8" or so with side cutters or trying to bend it out and away from the bolt rails.  it definitely won't just come all the way up.

thanks!

Is the pin hollow or a solid pin? All the left hand guns I've seen had a solid pin with a retaining clip.

Don't push the pin up from outside the receiver (as you've noted it cannot go very far). Push the pin down from inside the receiver - but first remove the clip in that groove in the side of the receiver. Next with a small hooked wire (or better yet, a dental pick) push the pin down from inside the receiver.

Link to a related picture

Edited by GunCat
Add link

wow you are the friggin' MAN, thanks!!  slid the clip off and the pin pretty much slid right out.

unfortunately i trashed the clip trying to get it back in/over the pin so i get to order a 50 cent part and probably pay $10 in freight...