Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Holland

roypesik

Hi, I am new here and do not want to read or comment at the forum anonymously. Am just beginning with IPSC for six months now. Attending the matches in the Standard division with a Glock 34 (see attachment). Not doing so good, but I have a plan ;-). More training, more attendance to matches, care for my material and I believe that 2017 will be good for me. Reading through this forum will give me also a way to gather information. Thanks for this platform, have all a happy new year ending and a successful 2017. Greetings Roy Pesik

Glock34-September2016-01-web-800px.jpg

I'm sure this is THE place on the interwebs for learning things for IPSC. Most here do USPSA which is close enough.

Talking to people at practice and matches can be a great help. I didn't have internet when I started learning, so Brian's book was a major source. The gear he used at that time is a bit outdated now - but the ideas are still relevant.

9 minutes ago, perttime said:

I'm sure this is THE place on the interwebs for learning things for IPSC. Most here do USPSA which is close enough.

Talking to people at practice and matches can be a great help. I didn't have internet when I started learning, so Brian's book was a major source. The gear he used at that time is a bit outdated now - but the ideas are still relevant.

Thanks, have just donated some to the forum.

Welcome to the forums and the sport! There is a wealth of information here. Keep going to matches and talk to folks. Shooters are generally helpful toward other shooters. I have been fortunate enough to shoot a couple of IPSC matches in Europe and found the shooter camaraderie there the same as it is here in the USA. No other sport that I know of has competitors willing to help each other out like shooters do.

Hurley

On 12/29/2016 at 2:41 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

Must be MURDER running field courses in wooden shoes   :D  (Sorry, that was just too easy).

Are you reloading?

Next you'll probably say the idea for the Texas star came from there!

Welcome to the forums roypesik!!

On 31-12-2016 at 10:43 AM, pevadijk said:

Welcome Roy and I just might see you at an IPSC match in 2017!

Yes Peter, I am planning to attend all IPSC matches in the Netherlands and Belgium. Will wear a white tulip so you recognize me ;-)

On 29-12-2016 at 8:41 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

Must be MURDER running field courses in wooden shoes   :D  (Sorry, that was just too easy).

Are you reloading?

Hi Jack, yes I am just into reloading. 9mm, 147gr RN, 4.1grs N340 load. Still struggling/learning though. Found out that a lot of my brass is slightly to big at the bottom. which causes jams. It is no "bulge" as the .40 calibers have. Have adjusted my die, as tight as possible. Do you know if there is a smart solution to full-length resize the 9mm brass.

Oh, and I left my wooden shoes in the holes of the dike ;-)

Edited by roypesik