Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DW PM9 DIY uprgades?

willfully armed

I traded out the Glock for a DW PM9 as my game gun.

Only thing I've done to it is the Techwell and code Z g10 grips. Also had to.strip it down to remove the over zealous application of loctite on the over travel screw. While I was in there, I polished the trigger bow. I can't feel a difference...trigger pull is a clean 3.75#, and reset is a twitch. 

I'd like to switch to a 1mm FO front sight.

One malfunction since I've had it, a FTE on round one, that's it. So, I feel it's extremely reliable.

Should I attempt to improve anything?

Figure out the cause of your FTE. If it happened once it will happen again unless you know what the circumstances are that caused it and fix or avoid them when it matters.

not saying it's necessarily a gun issue, it could be brass, temperature, oil, grease, dirt, pixie dust, black magic, voodoo, whatever... the point is, it's a machine and you can make any machine fail if you know the right environment to put it in and you want it to.  Once you know it takes to make this gun fail, either fix it or make sure you don't put it in those circumstances unplanned and when it matters

6 hours ago, willfully armed said:

Only thing I've done to it is the Techwell and code Z g10 grips. Also had to.strip it down to remove the over zealous application of loctite on the over travel screw. While I was in there, I polished the trigger bow. I can't feel a difference...trigger pull is a clean 3.75#, and reset is a twitch. 

I'd like to switch to a 1mm FO front sight.

Magwell and preferred front sight is all I ever did to mine.

enjoy it, they're great pistols

Neil

They're so tight new the malf on round 1 is not suprising. Wife's shot 1 for the past year in IDPA with zero malfunctions that I can remember. I did just change out her recoil spring last month just fer...

Only mods on hers are a magwell and slim grips. A thinner front F/O probably would be a good idea but it's not needed just yet.

You made a good change.

Edited by jdlincoln

When I owned a DW PM9 all I did was add a Dawson Ice magwell and some VZ grips. It was a solid gun out of the box. Had 1 malfunction in the roughly 10,000 I shot through it. Wasn't the guns fault. Bad piece of brass wouldn't eject. The rim of the brass was messed up and wouldn't come out of the chamber. Cost me a lot of Mikes and FTE's at a Level 2 USPSA match.