Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing weight

Round_Gun_Shooter

17 minutes ago, mreed911 said:

Just curious, why'd you have them out?  I have 15 and they're probably in for life (don't want to go back through surgery and rehab again and they're not causing problems).

My wife has a mini-hardware store in both ankles.   Removing them at some point was never discussed.  Were they causing a problem?

Left ankle was fused in Dec 2014.  Three of the four screws were very uncomfortable since they bulged through the skin and rubbed on shoes and boots.  20 minute procedure and a few weeks on crutches while the holes fill in and should be all set.

Still have one in ankle, and 18 with 2 plates in femur that are there for life. 

5 hours ago, Round_Gun_Shooter said:

See above, no rehab or PT with this one.

That's awesome.  Without getting deep into it, my surgery was done by one Ortho group and follow-up and rehab by another (insurance thing), so the second ortho group was reticent to do ANYTHING and get blamed for it.  I got lucky and the two merged last year.  Even so, mine are deep (they're in the tib and fib, not the ankle proper) and outside one right at the ball of my ankle I don't ever feel them unless I'm rubbing that leg.

There's almost nothing that would make me go through the surgery required to take mine out.  Glad yours was short and simple.

39 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Did you kick off the security booth at airports?

Only overseas.  Most US detectors don't detect light metals like this (lower density). Required a specific wanding of the area and removing a sock so they could see the scar, wand the shoe, etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did they drill a pilot hole before installing those or just hit it with the screw gun and let it make its own hole.

I loose weight 230gr at a time....

Sometimes 180gr

Sometimes 115gr

• 3 weeks later...