Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P220R trigger improvements, spring swaps

LabMan

I recently purchased a Sig P220R Extreme. I love everything about this pistol. The trigger pull (DA/SA) is so smooth, and I'm shooting one hole, or virtually one hole groups right out of the box DA/SA out to 5 or 7 yards.

I am a convert from Glocks,  G19 and G43, so please pardon my ignorance. 

What can I do to make the trigger even better? 

I've read that the hammer spring can make a difference on the DA side but not much SA. Wolf Springs seem like a good place to start.

Thanks

Try a 17 & 18# 1911 mainsprings cut to the same length as the Sig mainspring. Use the softest primers you can get, Federals preferably. Sig hammer geometry is such that you won't get a lot of improvement from them. Bruce Gray's short reset trigger is a great improvement over stock. 

10 hours ago, LabMan said:

I recently purchased a Sig P220R Extreme. I love everything about this pistol. The trigger pull (DA/SA) is so smooth, and I'm shooting one hole, or virtually one hole groups right out of the box DA/SA out to 5 or 7 yards.

I am a convert from Glocks,  G19 and G43, so please pardon my ignorance. 

What can I do to make the trigger even better? 

I've read that the hammer spring can make a difference on the DA side but not much SA. Wolf Springs seem like a good place to start.

Thanks

Send it to Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer and let him do his work on it.  

You can buy the proper hammer spring from Wolff

I use 19lb hammer springs in gun that "IT" has to go bang! i.e. carry , home defense guns

and

17 or 18's in game/range guns, with the lighter springs be prepared to change the springs often if you dry fire much.

they'll develop light strikes when they start to wear, as soon as you get a couple and KNOW it wasn't casued by high primers put a new spring in they're cheap!!!

Good fortune

Neil

SIG armorer