Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LWRC

Boudreaux78

I have been told that a LWRC is not a good rifle for 3-gun because it is piston driven and will not cycle as fast. Is this really a big deal in the grand scheme of things? If one rifle cycles .001 seconds slower shouldn't win or lose a match. Are there any other draw backs?

I think the weight of the rifle is the main issue when it comes to 3gun.  I've got a 16.1 and a 10.5.  I love them!!  I like the piston driven rifles because I'm a lefty and I sometimes run a can on the 16.1.  The 16.1 is set up for 3gun, but I really don't play that game yet.  I personally don't think it would hold you back.  And, if you don't plan on running a can, get their DI gun.  It's a lot lighter and 1K less expensive.

1 hour ago, Scott Steele said:

You'll have something different next year and then that'll be more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true and I had a JP-15 but I wanted something a little more versatile.  

I was being lazy with the word versatile.  I wanted to be able to run a can and for me, the piston guns work better.  The JP barrel/comp is so darn, pretty, I'd never change it to the Surefire to run my Mini.  So, it's unlikely I will have anything different next year.  

5 hours ago, Boudreaux78 said:

I was reading about a LWRC and I think it was the DI model for around $1500. I want something I can use on duty and compitition with the same accessories. No use training with two different platforms. 

And that's where the fully ambidextrous LWRC shines.  Like it was said above, JP makes some full race rifles and some duty/tactical rifles.  If you're wanting one that can do both, I think the LWRC's DI model is a good value.