Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested!! 4 hammer springs in the same gun.

MemphisMechanic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been oiling mine for two reasons. One, I keep taking it apart and oil is less mess. Two, the next time I shoot a USPSA match it's going to be cold. 

A glock or M&P doesn't care if you lube it with slide glide and it turns into molasses in freezing temps. A tightly fit 2011 sometimes won't run. I'm not sure where the Tanfo fits in that spectrum. So it's getting oil.

I prefer to run my guns with grease (slide glide) so that I don't have to lube them as often. I'll do that once it gets 500+ rounds through it without a single malfunction.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 minutes ago, emjei said:

PD#14 gives 5 1/2 DA on mine and 2 1/2 SA.

Oh right. Your gun is lighter than mine with the same springs by nearly a full pound.

That further makes it sound like it could be nearly the same strength spring as my "14 pound" Wolff, which bumped me from 6.3 with the PD14... to 6.8 lbs.

What procedure are you gentlemen using to accurately measure the peak of the pencil's flight? It seems like it'd be tough to be accurate enough to gauge it to the nearest centimeter (or 1/4")* by watching it launched next to a tape measure with the naked eye.

* A quarter inch isn't equal to once centimeter. I know this. You understand my point nonetheless

#Sweden

[emoji23]

Edit - Nice spread sheet. Did you rotate pencils?

New pencil for each spring. Did some pulls first to know about how high it went, then made 3 pulls and took average. PD fp spring really showed difference with the lighter hammer springs, up to 50% increase in flight.

Trigger pull weight would be interesting. The Eemann tech 13 feel like the xtreme medium in pull, but without stacking. So its def heavier than PD #14. PD springs does not stack at all.

43 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

d802e6aa92b8b2ea8a6ec1550e4a8a93.jpg

I don't understand this. How do you have two different measurements for the same spring. Don't understand the top column either?

I'm sure I'm just missing something. 

I don't understand this. How do you have two different measurements for the same spring. Don't understand the top column either?

I'm sure I'm just missing something. 

I tested 6 different hammer springs in combination with 2 different firing pin springs, in both double action and single.

1 minute ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I tested 6 different hammer springs in combination with 2 different firing pin springs, in both double action and single.

Gotcha!  I'm hung over!  It should have given it away where it says FP spring!

Edited by B_RAD