Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meprolights bullseye sights - legal?

mksm2016

OP, why do you think these sights are new magic? If they are legal, and they actually let you shoot faster and more accurate, then all the big guys would jump on them. Haven't seen anyone running these in a match.

Edited by 9x45

If they are allowed for Carry optics, it would save a lot rather than buying a Trijicon RMR and mill the slide for it. Not really looking for magic to help shoot faster just looking for other alternatives in carry optics. 

@ Facedown and Kraj, tnx for your feedback. 

I would say its fine in CO and OPEN, and illegal in every other division. 

from their web site " SEE THE MICRO OPTIC IN ACTION " they call it an optic so I would go with that.

from a shooting with it in CO perspective I would say it is probably not going to be very competitive at all because the sight only works if you are all ready aiming directly at your target much if any misalignment and you will be doing the c-more shuffle. most shooters in CO are looking for the largest sight they can get that will hold up to being slide mounted. also this sight is not adjustable you mount it and then hope, good luck on that 20yd plate rack.

you mentioned not wanting to mill your slide for an optic, easy solution get a dove tail adapter, they work just fine

7 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I would say its fine in CO and OPEN, and illegal in every other division. 

from their web site " SEE THE MICRO OPTIC IN ACTION " they call it an optic so I would go with that.

from a shooting with it in CO perspective I would say it is probably not going to be very competitive at all because the sight only works if you are all ready aiming directly at your target much if any misalignment and you will be doing the c-more shuffle. most shooters in CO are looking for the largest sight they can get that will hold up to being slide mounted. also this sight is not adjustable you mount it and then hope, good luck on that 20yd plate rack.

you mentioned not wanting to mill your slide for an optic, easy solution get a dove tail adapter, they work just fine

i sure they meant to say is a minor fiber optic.  

RMR's are not the be all/end all for CO. A DeltaPro Point or a Docter is a much better choice because of the much bigger window. And while dots may look cool, the take serious discipline to get on target out of the holster, whole different draw stroke. My advice, if your'e not sure, just a get a Burris FastFire and a mount adapter. Run a few matches and see if it works for you. 

Edited by 9x45

Actually, CO says "permitted" So it sounds like the Mepro Magic is not prohibited, however, you would still get smoked by guys running dots.

APPENDIX D7, CARRY OPTICS, PROVISIONAL

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted                Yes, must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port.

— NOTE: It is the shooter’s responsibility to evaluate the modifications made to their equipment. Modifying a pistol to comply with Carry Optics could make that pistol non-compliant for later use in other divisions.

https://uspsa.org/document_library/2015/APPENDIX-Carry Optics Provisional Division.pdf

Edited by 9x45

The rule was updated last January to read:  "Optical/electronic sights REQUIRED; must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port, and may not be mounted to the frame in any way"  http://uspsa.org/document_library/2016/APPENDIX D7_DNROI_3.pdf        

found at https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php