Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-13 Handguard removal

Has anyone had good luck taking off the factory handguard from the stock JP GMR-13? 

It appears there is a proprietary Barrel nut set up they use and my standard Barrel but wrench isn't working.

Going with lighter BCM handguard

Any help will greatly be appreciated thanks ahead of time

You'll need their barrel wrench. They don't supply it with factory built rifles. I called and they sent me one. You'll also need a torch to heat the nut a little. 

I replaced mine with a KMR as well. The KMR barrel nut fits over a pinned MB. For reference a Noveske NSR nut will not. 

If they won't send yiu one let me know and I'll loan you mine. 

Ns

This has been what's kept me from ordering a JP GMR-13; that antiquated handguard and no options on their build page. I went next-best and ordered a JP barrel and bolt, and will be using the Seekins NOXs m-lok on a AP slick upper.

I took mine off with a Alan wrench and 2 hands... no need for anything special. 

If you look in the handguard at the barrel but there is several different Allen screws. Lossen those and then unscrew the handguard. 

IMG_1887.JPG

11 hours ago, XtReMe90 said:

I took mine off with a Alan wrench and 2 hands... no need for anything special. 

If you look in the handguard at the barrel but there is several different Allen screws. Lossen those and then unscrew the handguard. 

IMG_1887.JPG

Thanks!  I did the same and it did work. How did you get the nut that is behind the hanguard off?