Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 vs 19 for agency arms build

Jeremybj

Greetings to all,

Long time reader, first time poster.  

Anyways I'm looking for some suggestions.  Currently running a Glock 17 for 3 gun and am looking to send a gun to agency arms for a build.  I also have a Glock 19 that I have for whatever reason.

My question is which would you do an agency build on for 3 gun competition?  To me the 19 just feels right, I'm not sure if it's the balance or what, but it just feels right.  With that being said, I like my 17 for the increased mag capacity and longer sight radius.  

I can only afford to do this once so I want to make the right choice. Basically as I have already competed with my 17, I'm wondering if anybody likes 3 gunning with their 19.

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

Love my 19 and have competed with it.... If competition use is main priority, the 17 has the edge. As you said, longer sight radius and a couple of more rounds. The balance is probably more forgiving too.

You could try competing with the 19 and see how it goes, before committing.

Edited by perttime

The largest frame gun for the games. The heavier and the more grip, the better the control and recovery. It's not that you can't shoot 3 gun with a G19, it's just that it's easier to do the same thing faster with a G17/G34/G17L.

You could have both built if you used a different company... agency is insanely expensive and I honestly don't think it's worth the money...
the fancy slide machining is cool, but for the price you pay, you are paying for the brand name more than for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, 9x45 said:

It's not that you can't shoot 3 gun with a G19, it's just that it's easier to do the same thing faster with a G17/G34/G17L.

Especially when it comes time to reload it. Longer mags are easier to hold onto and draw, and you have a nice long grip to keep you pinkie finger well out of the way.

(I've seen at least 4 guys wind up with blood blisters from reloading a G26 or other subcompact gun, and pinching the flesh of the hand between the bottom of the grip and the mag's basepad.)

Save the money from getting your gun hacked up and go buy a 34.  put the money into new F/O sights, new guide rod and spring, new trigger and a magwell.  Bam.  Perfect 3 gun pistol for less than what it will cost to make your 17 pretty. 

That said, a buddy of mine has an agency 34 and 19.  They are really pretty guns, but there was no noticeable increase in performance...just looks.

I shoot a 17 in 3 gun and it is an okay pistol. For $500 it is great pistol. A set of fiber optic sights, some trigger work, 5 round mag extensions and maybe a magwell would be all I would spend on it for 3 gun. If you have a 17 make sure you shoot a 34 before you spend the extra money. $1400 for the agency conversion could be put into a much better pistol for 3 gun than a glock. If you get a chance try out a double stack 1911/2011. The weight/balance and trigger in some of those guns when shooting 9mm is miles beyond a glock. CZs and some of the clones aren't too bad either. Like my glock but wrapping up $1900 into a pistol for 3 gun opens  better options.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanna say the agency 34's with that front 'bob' cut are some of the best looking plastic pistols on the market imo. but, OP why not just get the patrol series? It offers the essentials of an agency gun and no 'cool guy cuts' for less than half the price. Plus, if your LEO/mil, they offer i think a 10% discount on top of that. So you'll pay 675 instead of 1600.