Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Holster Hanger

jw3378

Have only heard great things about the BOSS other than how it runs down the lug. Just saw the Springer precision hanger and it looks to be exceptionally nice as well. 

Has anyone had any experience between the two?

Merry Christmas and God bless

I came across a deal on a BOSS that I couldn't pass. 

I now have the question,

for single stack, is there a metal holster mount that offers the 2" offset with no drop?  I'm really not a fan of plastic mounting hardware. 

1 hour ago, jw3378 said:

Are there any products on the market that are just the mounting hardware that I could replace a tek-lock with that are a metal construction?

You are looking for a metal teklok?  I've never seen one.

There is really nothing glaringly wrong with a teklok straight onto your belt.  They are generally well constructed and it's not like you're taking it on and off all the time.

eBay hanger came in today, & I got it put on my Blade Tech. It is for sure heavy duty, but crudely finished, which doesn't matter to me for the price I paid. All the holes line up perfectly. It is unanodized aluminum, so I will probably shoot it with flat black Krylon or Plastidip. Appears to be a good budget alternative to the Boss & Springer. 

On 12/31/2016 at 6:24 PM, OPENB said:

eBay hanger came in today, & I got it put on my Blade Tech. It is for sure heavy duty, but crudely finished, which doesn't matter to me for the price I paid. All the holes line up perfectly. It is unanodized aluminum, so I will probably shoot it with flat black Krylon or Plastidip. Appears to be a good budget alternative to the Boss & Springer. 

I just got mine too.  The finish is definitely rough. Few minutes with the belt sander and a scrotch brite belt and I'm happy with it though.  My only complaint is the screw for the angled slot is a little short, only engages a thread or so instead of flush to the back of the plate like the others.

On 12/26/2016 at 3:30 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The Safariland USPSA kit is a great holster adapter. You have to make an adapter plate if you are using a Blade Tech or Comp-Tac holster. The Safariland 5198 bolts right on. Thanks, Eric

I have the Safariland USPSA kit. Two issues. First, the belt retention strips on the back of the mount were cheap aluminum and broke (crumbled actually) when I attempted to install the unit on my belt (belt was a bit thicker than the track in the mount). I replaced them with kydex strips and no issues. there. E mails to Safariland went unanswered. Go figure.

The second issue is that it appears Safariland uses the same cheap, cast aluminum on all parts of their products. Loosening and tightening the screws caused them to strip out after about three adjustments. Fortunately the ones that stripped were for the little round pad at the base of the rail, so it  was not a big deal, but still annoying. 

Other than those issues, it works great. I'm just afraid to adjust it in any way now. 

Hello: I broke the holding straps as well. I made some out of some thin stainless steel strapping. On aluminum pieces I always use some anti seize on the screws to help stop the galling. I am using a Blade Tech DOH hanger with some rubber washers to get the angle correct and spacing. Is there a perfect mount? I haven't seen one yet but you have to find what works for you the best. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...