Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Trigger Tune!

S2cazzo

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

its recommended to change out springs every 5,000 - 8,000 rounds. 

...Although many of us who shoot a lot are going to wait a little longer than that...

I always re-sprung my comp gun once a year, in the spring, before the season started. With the Glock and M&P that was sometimes 12,000-15,000 rounds. 

Respringing a gun every 3 or 4 months if you shoot in high volumes seems quite excessive. I honestly don't know anyone who resprings more than 2 times a year with a 2011 or Production gun no matter what number of cycles the springs are seeing, and that works well for them.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, ARy said:

This was actually true, before you had the barrel reamed. ???

Truth bro... Like I said...

Your tanfo won't run?

I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but my Glock ain't one

Luckily it now runs like scalded cat

Edited by ryridesmotox

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

...Although many of us who shoot a lot are going to wait a little longer than that...

I always re-sprung my comp gun once a year, in the spring, before the season started. With the Glock and M&P that was sometimes 12,000-15,000 rounds. 

Respringing a gun every 3 or 4 months if you shoot in high volumes seems quite excessive. I honestly don't know anyone who resprings more than 2 times a year with a 2011 or Production gun no matter what number of cycles the springs are seeing, and that works well for them.

You need to pay a little bit more attention to that hammer spring, sear spring, and trigger return spring. They will leave you wishing you had changed them out at the worst possible time for you...... I understand not doing the whole gun, i actually prefer some springs to loose some weight....... I wont chance a hammer spring, sear spring, or trigger return.

Ha! I change springs everytime i drop a mag...during the stage. Ya know... come to think about it, that might be why i always come in last ....

6 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

I re spring the gun after every stage... ;)