Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saw this on USPSA Facebook, I have not seen it posted to the web-site

The United States Practical Shooting Association, a member region of the International Practical Shooting Confederation, will be represented by athletes and teams at the IPSC World Shoot XVIII in France in 2017!

USPSA has been allocated 52 slots to the IPSC World Shoot XVIII, to be held in Chateauroux, France at the new National Shooting Sports Center in August 2017. Information about the event is available at:  www.ipscmatches.org/2017wsxviii/

USPSA adopted the current IPSC World Shoot Team Selection Policy, and World Shoot Individual Slot Distribution Policy on January 1, 2015. The policy can be found at:  https://uspsa.org/document_library/2017/2017%20World%20Shoot%20Team%20Selection%20Policy.pdf

The points earned by competitors have been totaled by the World Shoot Team Manager, Director of the National Range Officer Institute Troy McManus. USPSA staff is contacting those competitors for commitments or regrets until three team positions and an alternate have been formally accepted.  

Once the six teams in the policy have been filled, a few additional teams requested in 2016 will be given slot consideration. After all policy, and non-policy teams are selected, the remaining slots will be awarded to individuals.  

Since only two members have submitted their points to the Director of the National Range Officer Institute, per the policy, USPSA is extending a brief opportunity to competitors to do so. Please email your points, matches, and membership information to DNROI@USPSA.org, after reading the policy.  

All non-policy teams, and individuals, will be required to pay for their slots by 5:00PM Pacific on January 4, 2017.

• 7 months later...
40 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It looks like the final results are up: http://www.ipscmatches.org/worldshootfrance/results/

Classic: Frangoulis, Elias Paul USA

Open: Ballesteros, Jorge ESP

Production: Stoeger, Benjamin USA

Revolver: Poggie, Michael William USA

Standard: Grauffel, Eric FRA

Not sure if those are final for all divisions, Rob Leatham is missing a bunch of scores. 

21 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Not sure if those are final for all divisions, Rob Leatham is missing a bunch of scores. 

On the IPSC forum:

I understand that Rob got ill after the first two days, was admitted to hospital and on the mend.

The first couple of days were pretty hot out there, and speaking as a Jamaican - we know heat! You had to keep on top of your hydration needs; don't know any specifics on Rob, just what I heard yesterday on the stage when we were running the other Classic team members.

A post from Rob on FB:

Rob Leatham Wow everyone this is amazing! Thank you for all the kind thoughts! It is acute pancreatitis with complications..... not really much fun so I don't recommend you travel all the way to Europe to shoot your 12th world shoot and visit France to spend half the time in a hospital. Wanted to get back and finish match but doctors didn't want me to even go home until they did surgery. Just wanted that to happen in Arizona. Kudos to the Chateauroux hospital for keeping me alive one more day!!

On 9/2/2017 at 2:09 PM, BritinUSA said:

Check out the 6th place finisher in Production with just over 98%

IMG_1550.thumb.PNG.530583995d831dad380a559cc2cb0a88.PNG

Maria is the real deal.  And she proved it once again at World Shoot.  Great win by Ben. Less than two points separate 1st and 2nd place after 30 stages!  It's truly a marathon and not a sprint, and he just grinded out the win. That has to be mentally and physically exhausting.

Edited by JGus