Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good fitting jeans for IWB carry

oteroman

I am 6'4" 215lbs and with a stiff gun belt my pants always start to ride down. The fix would be suspenders but that won't be happening... I know this is very subjective....I am caring when I go to stores trying on different jeans but nothing yet...any suggestions?

Normal pant size 36w36l for carry 38w36l

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What brand/model is the belt/gun/holster?

Sounds like your pants are too loose, I wear the same exact jeans/pants/shorts & belt whether I'm carrying or not, just loosen the belt a tad before slipping the holster over beltline.  But going up 2 inches in the pant size is probably way too much.  How actually tight is the 36 waist itself?  If you can slip the holstered gun inside your beltline on the 36" pants without a belt on and not sucking in your stomach TOO much, then that's the size you should be carrying with.

I can't imagine flimsy elastic would help, it would be much weaker than solid denim jeans material and I doubt the tension of the elastic would overcome the lack of fabric strength, unless it's like the kind of elastic in the 5.11 Tactical pants.

Belts only work when your waist is thinner than your buttocks & pelvis.  If your body slopes in the other direction, then you might look into a lighter gun/holster/belt combo so that weight isn't too much for the pants to handle.

Less serious answer  - do some squats and build up your glutes so your pants don't fall down. And your wife will like it.

More serious answer - buy your pants from a more stylish store. Good options are Banana Republic and J. Crew.  Or better yet, drive up to the Prana store in Boulder. Prana stuff is indestructible, lifetime guarantee, and meant for active lifestyle like climbing and hiking. But you look damn good in them. 

Whatever you wind up buying, wear them a little slimmer than you might prefer, especially if they have a stretch component. They will stay up better and I guarantee you will look better, even if you don't think so initially.  Ask the sales staff for help. Don't be afraid to ask the gay guy. Seriously.  It can be hard to dress well and also CCW but it's possible, you just need to work a little harder at finding the right options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

You could consider a lighter gun or perhaps an ankle or shoulder holster, or if you wear boots of some sort, you could get a holster suitable for inside your boot.  I used to carry a Colt Agent, a .38 special 15 oz revolver in a soft clip on holster in my boot.

• 4 weeks later...