Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 EGW Area 8 Championship, August 24-27,Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club,New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

• 1 month later...

The squadding requests are coming in regularly and so far Thurs. and Fri. still are wide open but Saturday has seven of the 12 taken and Sunday three of the 12 are taken

Squadding and Squad Reservations
The squadding will have 12 squads per day 
Each day will have the following open squads:
Thursday 5 open slots per squad
Friday 9 open slots per squad
Saturday 10 open slots per squad
Sunday 9 open slots per squad

We are doing what we can to make it less stressful come registration day for those traveling to the match in groups.  As such, we are taking reservations for full squads until Feb 28th.  Simply email us at easternshorepracticalshooters@gmail.com with your team name and a list of shooters in your squad.  

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Saturday only has two more open squads left so if you want to take advantage of pre-squadding don't wait.  Sunday now has five of the 12 available squads taken.  Thursday and Friday still open.

Also, this communication came out this morning.  If you want to receive those emails directly please sign up for them here:   http://uspsa8.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=26ecec5cd1d0aed15605f976b&id=f345f9685b

e1848989-1149-4a66-b087-a530832e115d.png

EGW 2017 USPSA Area 8 Championship Update

Hello, shooters.

It's Feb 1st!  

Everything from sponsor announcements to local match hotel is bellow.  Please take a moment to read through this message and visit our sponsors.

Good Luck,

Bill Duda
Match Director
EGW 2017 USPSA Area 8 Championship

bcf8eed8-b9e1-4ebd-9217-eb8301a2574a.jpg
This year's official match hotel will be the nearby Holiday Inn.  They have a restaurant & bar on site and are offering a discount to our competitors.  Simply click on the image or follow this link to register for your stay.  The discount code you will need is 'USP' though this link will pre-fill the code in for you.  We are not the only event in town that weekend, so book your rooms before there are none to be had.
Sponsor Announcements
88d49014-db2e-431e-b210-77c8ddeee547.jpg
Open Division Sponsor
LA Police Gear has a wide variety of products that nearly all of us will find useful.  From top notch blades and bags to pants and boots.  The stuff they make themselves is hard to break and hard to beat in price.  I even found myself shopping their website for Xmas gifts last year.  They have stepped up big time to support our sport and you shooters.  Take a look at what they have to offer, online, here, and let them know we sent you when you place your order.

68c57073-b1c9-4fef-a201-6619b4d85637.jpg
Class Level Sponsor
Atlas Gun Works is a company dedicated to making some of the finest and faultless custom firearms in our sport.  They'll get it to you quickly, they'll back it up, and they'll fix your current gun too.  Just ask the folks they saved from DNFs with on range repairs last year.  head to their website here, and see what they can do for you.

fc9b9de5-aef3-4ae8-b5b0-f520fa18d431.png
Class Level Sponsor
RSP Gun Shop was a staple of last year's match.  Scott, the owner, was on the ground selling components, Dillon products, and parts.  The prices made most people walk out of his trailer with goodies to keep shooting all year.  Please visit his website here.  He will take preorders to be picked up at the match.

Don't forget about our already announced match sponsors.
bac53ca6-d298-40e9-b8e6-b68de1b1c92d.png
Title Sponsor
d8d1229e-3d8c-4853-a5cb-f40ce020e92d.png
Production Division Sponsor
Immortobot

Would you like to be on our team?
We, here in Area 8, have been very lucky to have a large body of available volunteers to help us put on a great event.  Every year we have some attrition in our staff and are always looking for new people willing to jump on board.  If you are interested in joining us for a weekend of score keeping and general shenanigans please go to the Staff Page and fill out the Staff Form.

Our success in gaining quality sponsorship for these matches is directly linked to your participation in talking about the match and its sponsors.  Please make time to visit them and us on social media, send them and email, shop in their stores or websites, send them a letter, etc.  Hearing from you and seeing their participation talked about lets them know they are appreciated and adds value to our match.

Twice a month we will send out this message to all those that have shot our match in the past, participated in our giveaway, and registered for current matches.  Important to you, It will announce the beginning of a new giveaway and the winner. 

You can unsubscribe bellow if needed by the link at the bottom.  Getting, responding, and clicking links in these emails is valuable data for us to provide to sponsors, however.  The more you participate in these emails the better our sponsorship opportunities will be.  So please, stay tuned.

Use the links bellow to share this email or follow me on Facebook where we spread the word about the sponsors and their offers.

So the chances of anyone who isn't part of a reserved full squad shooting on the weekend is pretty much nill before signups even open?

edit: or do you only allow a certain number of slots/squads to be taken during this process?

Edited by darkvibe

wow, as a first time shooter (fingers crossed) to the match that seems kinda crazy that almost all weekend slots can fill up with pre registration "hey i wanna shoot with my buddies" requests. guess it really is who you know.....

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, rowdyb said:

wow, as a first time shooter (fingers crossed) to the match that seems kinda crazy that almost all weekend slots can fill up with pre registration "hey i wanna shoot with my buddies" requests. guess it really is who you know.....

Does seem a little ridiculous, but this is the first year they tried such a thing.  I'm pretty sure he is going to tweak it next year so this does not happen again.

On 2/2/2017 at 5:16 PM, Glk21C said:

There are a limited number of Saturday  & Sunday slots not reserved/have been kept open

any details on how many - either the exact number or percentage of total slots - are still open for saturday or sunday?   is it appearing to those administering the match that it's trending toward single shooters being required to squad on a weekday?

Saying required is not true,  sorry you feel that way.  Saturday has a few squads we left open (not reserved by those that sent us in squad requests ) and Sunday approx.  1/2 the spots are still open. 

The idea of people sending in squad requests was simply an idea that has taken off much better than anticipated. 

Hope to see you there,  Bill puts on a great match.

On 2/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, darkvibe said:

So the chances of anyone who isn't part of a reserved full squad shooting on the weekend is pretty much nill before signups even open?

edit: or do you only allow a certain number of slots/squads to be taken during this process?

On 2/2/2017 at 5:16 PM, Glk21C said:

There are a limited number of Saturday  & Sunday slots not reserved/have been kept open

This led me (and i think others, based on the thread) to believe that the chances of squadding on the weekend were "limited" and perhaps not possible.  Glad to hear it's not the case - absolutely a great match, looking forward to shooting it again this year, just absolutely cannot swing it on a weekday.  Thanks for the update!

The ability to reserve a squad for Sunday is now closed but there are still open slots available for Sunday.

Thursday and Friday are still wide open if you would like to reserve a squad.

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

NYC is a hell of a ride. I'd think philly is closer. Allentown is closer yet. Even Newark would be a better drive. Plus you are in pa where here are no weird restrictions. I'd be terrified of flyin out of or into ny or nj. 

By the time reg opens, only 3 squads for Sat and 3 squads availabe for Sunday to squad in as an individual. That I do not like. What I dont like more is A8 let Area 7 competitors reserve squads while A8 shooters has to wait a week to see if they can shoot Area 7. That to me is not fair. Yes im a little sour because it seems A7 sectional is almost full.

Yes, this can happen, but more than likely you will be on a waitlist, at least for Saturday and Sunday.  If you do this, please be clear as to what day and squad number you would like to be on and we'll try to accommodate if something opens up.