Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it faster/easier to reload a stock 2 than a cz ?

IHAVEGAS

I shot a CZ shadow for about 9 months.. switched to a tanfo. I felt and still do feel that the CZ was easier to reload. The magwell is flared better I think, where as the tanfo is more squared. For other reasons I liked the tanfo better so that's what I went with, but as far as reloads go, I'd give the CZ the advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Tanfo frame is bigger... but so is the mag body. And I agree that the CZ has a bit better flaring of the magwell - I find Shadows slightly easier to load.

Both guns are among the harder Production guns to load. Glock is the easiest that I've personally competed with, then M&P.

I personally prefer the Tanfoglio over the CZ because the CZ grip is suited to smaller hands than mine. I don't feel there's all that much difference, otherwise.

Oh, and Tanfoglios don't eat slide stops or trigger springs.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I think it depends on what you are used to.
Only real semi-auto I have is my Tanfo.
I did borrow a Glock, and couldn't reload as fast as my Tanfo.
I think coming from a different gun makes it harder.

The Tanfo does have a larger frame and mags. But I don't think it would make a big difference (they are all start out at the same width for the first round going in). As MM mentioned, they certainly do fit larger hands better!

Thanks!

The hand size thing is interesting. I'm a smidge over 6' tall with appropriate hand size, feels to me like I can get more grip pressure with the smaller grip size, that is comparing a cz to a 2011 though, do not have a Tanfo at hand to play with. 

Ideal would be to copy shooterDrew and spend time with each I suppose. 

With practice I think the Tanfo is as easy to reload as anything with a metal frame & metal magazine.  The trick is burning in the proper angle at which the gun/magwell needs to be in relation to the new magazine.

Edit to add - The stock grips do make the Tanfo feel blocky, I just switched to SSI Scales which mimic the 2011 profile (so says Speed Shooters website), they make the gun feel a smidge thinner, fitting my hands better. It's worth trying smaller grips or reducing the factory wood profile & covering with SiC grit or skate tape. I'm 5'10" with average size hands.

Edited by SCTaylor

• 2 weeks later...
With practice I think the Tanfo is as easy to reload as anything with a metal frame & metal magazine.  The trick is burning in the proper angle at which the gun/magwell needs to be in relation to the new magazine.

Edit to add - The stock grips do make the Tanfo feel blocky, I just switched to SSI Scales which mimic the 2011 profile (so says Speed Shooters website), they make the gun feel a smidge thinner, fitting my hands better. It's worth trying smaller grips or reducing the factory wood profile & covering with SiC grit or skate tape. I'm 5'10" with average size hands.

And here I'm trying to find thicker grips (XXL hands) [emoji23]

I think the CZ's are easier to reload and I think its because of the mag brake "spring" in the back. If you insert mag with too much angle, the mag brake will bend and steer the mag in anyway. The Tanfoglio is just solid frame inside, so mags get a little "stuck" if you inserted with wrong angle, and if you keep pushing in same angle it wont go in. But since the top ballers reload Tanfos under a second, then I guess its not a huge problem if you dryfire enough. But right out of the box I def think CZ are easier to reload.