Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Don_B

Rod Current

Rod left the range on Thursday Dec. 8. 

He was a dear friend and will be missed. 

My condelences to his wife Cheryl and their family. 

Hello: Rod was a great guy on and off the range. Always smiling and having fun. He would help you out and ask nothing in return. The shooting community lost one of the old guards of 3-gun. Thanks, Eric

Yes, he will be missed.  He was a great man who taught, coached and inspired many.

Remember shooting matches with him back in late 80s, early 90s.  Very nice person.

Just now saw this. Very sad news indeed. Rod and his wife Cheryl are in that select group of people - the finest on the planet.

I first met Rod and Cheryl at a match in AZ in the early 80's. They invited me to an upcoming match in NM. I was dirt poor in those days, and said I could not afford even the cheapest hotel room. No problem, even though I had just met them, they invited me to stay with  them at their house. So me and my late friend, Jerry Bock (who wasn't a competition shooter), went to NM, shot the match and stayed with Rod and Cheryl. It was a fantastic time and trip all around. Thank you. 

Men like Rod are few and far between....he was a GREAT guy!!!

.....I remember the day we were shooting some 3-gun and a small rattler was "interrupting" things, and Rod, like some super-hero, took care of business and saved us all!!! LOL!! He was a very cool dude!