Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA 2011 Magwell Question

akeefer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 3:41 PM, thormx538 said:

Factory magwell works pretty well too if you open it up internally with a Dremel

Does anyone know where to find a factory magwell? I bought one of these pistols without a magwell from the Classifieds after shooting a friends. I happen to like the factory mag well dimensions. I have found 3 sites listing it for sale, but all 3 have been out of stock for quite a while.

I appreciate the heck out of it, but another member just let me know that if my gun didn't come with a stock magwell then the frame is not cut correctly to accept it. If this is the case I'm going to hold off for now and shoot a few matches, maybe try a couple other guys' guns and see what I like. I hope you didn't have to dig to far into the spares box for that one, and truly thanks again.

I'm not sure on that.. I have a RIA 9mm DS that I could try to put it on.. I have a TF on my .40.  I am going to be ordering a Dawson Ice for my 9mm as it is going to be my 3 gun pistol next season.  I normally use my XDM 9mm but don't feel like putting more money into my 3rd position production gun.

No big deal getting it out.  I had a pretty good idea where it was.  I'd recommend the TF if you are not running Dawson basepads.

• 3 years later...