Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weight Savings

PatriotDefense

People still shoot GayDPA? :) I know the newer S2s are heavier than the older ones, and that affects weight limits for USPSA as well. More an issue of getting the production list weights updated. :P

Edited by haiedras

People still shoot GayDPA? [emoji4] I know the newer S2s are heavier than the older ones, and that affects weight limits for USPSA as well. More an issue of getting the production list weights updated. [emoji14]

I've lived in 2 cities now that only had IDPA available

I'm setting up  a S2 for carry optics. The choice is henning grips and factory basepads, or henning basepads and factory grips.

Of course, that's using an adaptor to mount in the dove tail and not getting it milled. At the $$$$ , I don't want to molest it!

Edited by johnbu

I'm setting up  a S2 for carry optics. The choice is henning grips and factory basepads, or henning basepads and factory grips.

Of course, that's using an adaptor to mount in the dove tail and not getting it milled. At the $$$$ , I don't want to molest it!

The scales 2.0 are about half the weight of the Henning. Plus they are much grippier

I would also like to see some options to bring down weight for C.O. with out  having to sacrifice grip or badepads.

I am going to shoot a couple of local matches with my S3 with a venom mounted on it.  If I like it my next build will be a S2 for carry optics.

I think there is plenty of market for some lighter parts built with the same quality you guys put into all of your optimized parts.

42 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I would also like to see some options to bring down weight for C.O. with out  having to sacrifice grip or badepads.

I am going to shoot a couple of local matches with my S3 with a venom mounted on it.  If I like it my next build will be a S2 for carry optics.

I think there is plenty of market for some lighter parts built with the same quality you guys put into all of your optimized parts.

Ive got a few ideas now that could save upwards of 1 OZ that would require just two easy parts changed out...... we shall see

A trick is to remove the spacer plate in the 9mm or 40sw magazines. Then you can load out to 38s or 10mm length, use very heavy bullets (after reaming) and save 3/4 oz.

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Unless Patriot Defense comes out with helium-filled titanium grips...

You never know with those guys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 8:56 PM, haiedras said:

People still shoot GayDPA? :) I know the newer S2s are heavier than the older ones, and that affects weight limits for USPSA as well. More an issue of getting the production list weights updated. :P

I thought it was USPSGay ?

Well, we are practically next door neighbors.... and if you thought pigeon droppings on your car were bad, imagine flying reindeer droppings! Yuck.

1 hour ago, Steve RA said:

You have a nice Santa up in Wisconsin !   :bow:

Lim pro can make weight easier. 

Just ask Joe at PD for the light weight stuff, assemble and enjoy.

2 minutes ago, v1911 said:

So if a S2 can make weight, a Lim Pro should with some work as well. Correct?