Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Gman57

Titegroup vs VV-N320 for 40 cal Limited

On 4/27/2017 at 11:07 PM, Dr Mitch said:

Titegroup is just fine.  It's the gold standard pistol powder.

Thank you sir.  Makes me feel a bit better. :D 

I've been shooting TG with 180 gr Zero bullets for years.    Get what you can afford and just shoot!!!!

Burn Ammo, BABY!!!!

And your sights haven't fallen off yet, Kimberacp?  LOL! ;) 

Well, since I already have TG, I'm just going to try that for now.  I can't really afford to run out and grab some N320 just because.  However, I may switch to it for the next batch of powder I do.  Never hurts to check all the avenues. :) 

just this past week I had loads with TG and WST, same PF and shot them side by side.   Yes, WST was milder to shoot.   But would shooting TG, keep me from finishing in the top ten at a major???    Not at all!!!!

That's why buy lots of what you can afford and .....burn ammo BABY!!!!!

I put nothing but Titegroup through my limited gun.  Been running the same fiber for 7 matches...no melting and no signs that it will happen any time soon.  Load it up and run it.

4 hours ago, bkrumme said:

I put nothing but Titegroup through my limited gun.  Been running the same fiber for 7 matches...no melting and no signs that it will happen any time soon.  Load it up and run it.

I haven't ever melted one. .45, 9mm, .40. And I shoot when it is 118 in the summer. The brass sucks to pick up but I have never seen a melted fiber. I am sure it can be done but you would need to work at it.

great info, I plan on getting away from tightgroup as soon as I run out

On 4/5/2017 at 7:30 AM, KevinB said:

My knifemaking buddies say that in order for the metal to get hot enough to have that effect it would be melting the holster. 

Interesting, if the external surface of the slide gets hot enough to melt the sight after heat is conducted through the barrel and inner slide/frame (and while the slide is being cooled by contact with ambient air) I wonder what peak temperature the inner surface of the barrel reaches.