Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the Tac Sport Oranges!!!

Superpipe9

10 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

I completely agree with that. I thought Oakhill guns was a stand up company. Not only are they selling it at guns America for a ridiculous price but they have it listed as Not In Stock on their own website, at a lower price! It's aggravating that companies do that stuff, but if people will pay for it then they will keep doing it. I don't care if it's the only one out there I'm not dealing with any price gouging company. 

why do you hate america? In a communist country, where supply is decided by bureaucrats, a black market would flourish when people scooped up rare goods at artificially low prices. This is what happened with 22 ammo. In a free economy, scarce desirable goods are worth more.

I think $1999 is a pretty reasonable price for an unobtainium gun, but if you don't think it's reasonable, just don't buy it. That's the great part about america.  You have freedom!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

why do you hate america?

I like the US, it is getting rammed in the poop chute that I have reservations about. 

4 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Question: 

Why get one in 9mm?  Shooting minor?  

Indeed. But a lot of 3 gun shooters or folks who compete just for fun or folks who do not compete would like it. 

9 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I like the US, it is getting rammed in the poop chute that I have reservations about. 

then don't choose to get rammed in the poop chute. If you choose that route, people will think you like it.

It's still cheaper and works better than an STI edge.

I've had one on order since I first saw them mentioned in the forums.  I just contacted my dealer to ask when they expected them in.  He said he talked to his distributer and was told to expect to have my order filled March/April 2017.  This is for a .40 model.  I can wait but am really looking forward to it.  If it comes as advertised It will be really easy to build it into a .

40 Czechmate cheaply and have both a limited and open class gun.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:08 AM, Ocrrhbow said:

I've had one on order since I first saw them mentioned in the forums.  I just contacted my dealer to ask when they expected them in.  He said he talked to his distributer and was told to expect to have my order filled March/April 2017.  This is for a .40 model.  I can wait but am really looking forward to it.  If it comes as advertised It will be really easy to build it into a .

40 Czechmate cheaply and have both a limited and open class gun.

Where are you getting the extended barrels to install a comp on the TS slide? I had asked CZ Custom if one could buy Czechmate uppers and at the time it wasn't possible so I kinda forgot about making the TS into an open gun.

53 minutes ago, huskerlrrp said:

Where are you getting the extended barrels to install a comp on the TS slide? I had asked CZ Custom if one could buy Czechmate uppers and at the time it wasn't possible so I kinda forgot about making the TS into an open gun.

The Czechmate barrel is the same length as a TS barrel, to get a Czechmate comp on a TS you need to cut ~14mm off the slide, ~22mm off the frame and thread the barrel M14X1.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:04 AM, motosapiens said:

why do you hate america? In a communist country, where supply is decided by bureaucrats, a black market would flourish when people scooped up rare goods at artificially low prices. This is what happened with 22 ammo. In a free economy, scarce desirable goods are worth more.

I think $1999 is a pretty reasonable price for an unobtainium gun, but if you don't think it's reasonable, just don't buy it. That's the great part about america.  You have freedom!

Hear, hear!  :cheers:

Low prices and availability, pick one because you can't have both :roflol:

Mark, you forgot the asterisk at the end though.  *must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states

On 12/18/2016 at 8:36 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

" Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.  "

sorry, i don't think it's unfair, exploitative, or unethical to charge *less* than an STI edge for a nice gun. It's gouging to quadruple the price of propane when there's a power outage. It's sound economics to charge 15-20% more for a luxury item that is unavailable.

If only we had elected bernie president, he would have provided FREE tac sport oranges for everyone!

Edited by motosapiens

17 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

sorry, i don't think it's unfair, exploitative, or unethical to charge *less* than an STI edge for a nice gun.

There is no reason you would need to agree with me, and a significant body of evidence that suggests that it is often wise not to.

I am going to do business with folks who seem to me to be fair as I'm sure you will also. 

Hinterland.

I talked to a handful of people and after some thought based on orders I figured distributors won't see them until after the direct dealers.  I would bet its the same with the shadow 2's

6 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Where did you get yours at ?

Edited by Kingman

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

I talked to a handful of people and after some thought based on orders I figured distributors won't see them until after the direct dealers.  I would bet its the same with the shadow 2's

You may be 100% correct (and you make a fine holster). 

My conclusion from talking to folks was that, any knowledge passed from the factory to the USA must be gleaned from a process involving ouija boards and interpreting cloud shapes . 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, eerw said:

We have some 40sw TSO pistols in stock.

Email or PM.

If I was too slow with my I'll take it, I am going to be whiney .

(Course if I wasn't too slow I will just find something else to whine about, but still). 

Edited by IHAVEGAS