Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from...all over

Stealthfixr

Been here for a little while and then found this forum--I am a little remiss in intro'ing myself. When I joined this forum, I'd just gotten into Steel Challenge shooting at Nellis AFB NV and enjoyed that for a few months. I shot single stack division with a STI Trojan in 45ACP and production division with a Glock 34. I won my last match with the 1911 but cannot (yet) hit the broad side of a barn with the G34. I am trying to learn to love the Glock, but struggling a bit. Price, reliability and accessories are compelling. but they are just ugly, fat guns with a meh trigger (to me).

Starting last May, I deployed with the USAF to the great, stinky ME part of the world where I will be until next summer. After that, who knows where, but probably my last assignment as I will have been in for 26 years by that point, so almost time to hang up the spurs. I bought a Glock style SIRT and had planned to dry fire practice for the year I was gone, getting used to the Glock trigger pull. The box containing the SIRT was sent back to my house twice with "GUN" stickers on the outside, so no dry-fire practice for me; I cannot get it shipped here. A year off shooting (I hope), damn it. If I am shooting over here, it's all bad, and probably with a dinky M9, which I dislike even more than a Glock (but still qual'd Exc every time).

My other hobbies are High Powered Rocketry (Lvl 3), Reloading and Road Cycling. I love 1911s and want to also try PCC competition when I get home as well, still trying to decide on what platform (AR 9mm or CZ EVO Carbine). I bought a JoeBob Spartan 9mm AR lower, but debating whether to build it up or just buy the EVO Carbine and be done with it. Thoughts?

Welcome aboard, Stealthfixr :)

Yeah, once you get used to a single action trigger for  26 years, the

plastic guns SUCK big time.  

I just bought a S&W M&P 9mm and trying to get used to the trigger ...    :ph34r:

Sorry, I don't know anything about Spartan 9mm AR lowers ....  some

expert will be along shortly.

• 1 month later...