Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi, Is there a difference in lightening the carrier vs. the buffer? I mean if the total weight is the same. I have a low mass carrier but the buffer is a standard weight carbine with all the weights still in there.

Should I take out some of them? If so, how many? And should they be swapped out with something else? Delrin?

Happy for all tips and tricks.

Edited by olp73

Yes I am.

Sent fra min HTC One M9_Prime Camera Edition via Tapatalk

Then you can run the buffer anyway you want. Taking all the weight out of the buffer will give you less reciprocating mass and will have less perceived recoil. Just make sure to start out with your gas turned pretty low if you gut the buffer. I run a completely gutted carbine buffer with (LW BCG, adjustable gas block, and muzzle brake) the recoil is very minimal.

I just switched over to a LW BCG, adjustable gas block, and Taccom ULW buffer and spring and muzzle break and can say that my rifle runs very flat with almost no perceived recoil. I did replace everything at once so I can not say how changing one part or another works by its self.

The cheapest way to reduce reciprocating mass is to pop that roll pin out and empty the buffer.  Works great.