Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mpx 8" vs 16" barrel accuracy

Anyone have a 16" carbine and a 8" and have compared the two? Considering getting stamp and shortening my carbine to like 10" or so it is lighter/ easier to menouver around walls in competitions. However if I am gonna loose a lot of accuracy it won't be worth it. Just looking for accuracy comparison on two lengths from 50 yards and in. 

Edited by Mulligan03
Hoping to get more responses

I have both, can't say I have shot them at 50yds, but from 25yds and in I don't see much difference in side by side accuracy. The only difference is the 16in more tame. If you are looking for PCC in USPSA go 8in, if for 3gun go 16in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On November 28, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Nathanb said:

Just an FYI sig will sell you the barrel and hand guard and it should be a drop in to go from 8 to 16 and back again. Don't chop it 

Last year I contacted Sig directly about this. The rep I spoke to said they would not do this.  Have they changed their mind lately.  There was a good deal on a pistol locally, but I didn't take it for this reason.

I had many calls to sig when I did my stock drama. This is one of the things I bantered with the reps about and was a selling point for the whole platform. I wanted a 4.5 inch barrel for mine and it wasn't available yet but they offered to put me on the preorder. I had enough of sigs preorder fun at that point and declined

On 12/3/2016 at 8:23 AM, Nathanb said:

I had many calls to sig when I did my stock drama. This is one of the things I bantered with the reps about and was a selling point for the whole platform. I wanted a 4.5 inch barrel for mine and it wasn't available yet but they offered to put me on the preorder. I had enough of sigs preorder fun at that point and declined

I don't think sig will ever follow through on any of their preorder lists. It gets so ridiculous