Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire practice?

CE325

After reviewing my videos and my scores/ shots i noticed that my grip sucks. I hold the pistol correctly but im not squeezing tight enough and or correctly. My shots have been A zone then c/d/ and no shoot. Its killing my scores. Im a C production shooter and my first 2 stages lately i have finished 3rd from last the next 2 out of 4 4th under 3 A shooters. I dont know whats going on. 

When you grip the pistol should i push with my strong hand and pull/squeeze with my weak hand?

How can i practice this in dry fire?

Thanks

Also, recognize it isn't entirely your grip that is to blame. You're shooting faster than you can see.

There's no way you would intentionally pull the trigger with the sights indexed at the bottom of the target in the C/D zone...

So you're probably not honestly sighting your second shot. Are you shooting a hammer at the target (one sight picture then a cool sounding fast pair of shots) or are you honestly making a good faith effort to get that second round off right as your sight comes down from recoil and is dropping into the notch?

To be honest, most C-class shooters can't yet see that last thing that I described and that's why they should be shooting slower splits than an A or M. Don't shoot faster than you can see - and your eyes don't have the same level of practice working at speed yet.

Edited by MemphisMechanic