Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nose up Bullet Jam

Onepocket

180 bayou bullet. All mags do it. FP-10 OIL.  Put 30,000 rounds with same ammo through this gun without a hiccup. It has progressively gotten worse  to once a magazine. Like I said before the mags run 100% in another 35 and 23. I even tried  a friends mags today and his did it. When it started doing it I changed all springs and the extractor. Tried brand new magazines.  I am thinking it may be the magazine release, maybe its worn and giving the magazines a different orientation than it is suppose to have.  I was almost sure a nose up malfunction was a mag problem until today. Thoughts. 

21 hours ago, Onepocket said:

All mags do it.   Put 30,000 rounds with same ammo through this gun without a hiccup. It has progressively gotten worse  to once a magazine. Like I said before the mags run 100% in another 35 and 23. I even tried  a friends mags today and his did it.

Sounds like you can eliminate the ammo and the mag ...

The problem must be the gun ....   Lube is good, if enough.  (But if you've fired 30,000 rounds you must know how to lube it).

Could there be a crack anywhere on the gun? 

I presume the gun is very clean - you've cleaned all the gunk out of the entire gun???

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear you figured out and solved the problem.  I was curious about this as my 35 has also been acting up recently.  I just replaced the mag release and recoil spring as well; haven't had a chance to test it though.

Did you use the same OEM mag release or get a different type of aftermarket one to fix the issue?  And can you see any visual difference between the problem mag release and the one that works?