2017 Area 4 Championship, September 8-10, USSA Tulsa

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mike_pinto said:

Sure, if it were a Level 1 match and the MD approves it.  Not in a L3 Area match though..  :) 

i said it in jest but with a teeny tiny bit of wishful thinking. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, gmantwo said:

Mike, is your RO staff set?  I would like to work the match if not. Fresh off the Optics Nats.

Thanks, Greg

Yes our staff is full at this point. But you never know if someone may drop out or not. Send Mike an email and let him know you want to be an alternate if someone drops out. 

Chad

Assistant MD

Edited by Prov1x

• 4 weeks later...

We have just started the process of ordering all of the supplies for the match.  I believe this will be an incredible event and the prizes are shaping up to be awesome.  The way we will do it this year is it will be a random prize table that you will receive upon completion of your LAST STAGE of the match.  You will be given a unique number and that will correspond to a bag of awesomeness.  When you complete your last stage, your bag will be available in the tent area (it's a really big tent, you can't miss it)  There will be everything from gun certificates to discount certificates for bullets, supplies etc.  I am having a pallet of awesomeness delivered from Chuck at Shooters Connection, Nowlin has given many items, Precision Bullets has delivered their certificates, JP will be supplying some great stuff, The Blue Bullets will be supplying almost 1/6th of the shooters with bullet certificates, Glock will have gun certs, and many many more. We just never know what the fine folks at Akai will be doing, so I am excited to see.  And of course, our title sponsor Walther Arms will be providing guns and other goodness.  The stages are incredible and should flow quite nicely.  The way we have the squads setup, the match will flow and it will feel like a quick shooting day.  We are using a combination of LabRadar and CED Chrono's for the match to make sure each shooter get the benefit of different technologies to prevent any minor/sub-minor surprises.  I will say that this time of year in Tulsa, the humidity can be high and the temps can be hot, so if you use temp/humidity sensitive powders, error on the side of fast!! :)

The match is full.  We have 76 on the waitlist as of this morning, however, we will get a group that drops out.  If you are available to shoot with the RO's on Thursday, and can pack a crapload of macadamia nuts in your luggage, let's talk!! :)

• 2 months later...

Could someone explain the am/pm thing? 

I know, totall newb question.

If you're squadded on the am/pm squad, does that mean you start shooting in the am and end around noon each day?

Or you shoot Saturday in the AM then shoot Sunday in the PM?

13 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Could someone explain the am/pm thing? 

I know, totall newb question.

If you're squadded on the am/pm squad, does that mean you start shooting in the am and end around noon each day?

Or you shoot Saturday in the AM then shoot Sunday in the PM?

My assumption is if you did am/pm you would shoot sat morning and sun afternoon. 

Greetings all!  

Things are really coming together for this year’s Walther Arms Area 4 Championship this September 7th through the 10th.  We have 12 exciting stages and the most awesome staff ready to hit the ground at the United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa Oklahoma.  

I trust that reservations and preparations have begun on your side as well, but I wanted to remind everyone that the fine folks at the Holiday Inn in downtown Tulsa have some incredible deals for us to take advantage of.  

Please follow the link below if you haven’t made lodging reservation yet.  They still have plenty of room at the match rate, which is up to 60% off their normal nightly rate.

https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en%AEionCode=1&hotelCode=TULMS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=ARE&viewfullsite=true  

The shirts are being prepared by Techwear and will be ready to order any day now.  They are great looking and you know the Techwear folks make high quality, long lasting products!  I will post on the website the link for ordering match shirts in the next couple days.

Stages have been approved and will be built as close as possible to the approved drawings.  The round count is: 285 +Chrono for 293.

Stage 1 – 32

Stage 2 – 32

Stage 3 – 12

Stage 4 – 12

Stage 5 – 30

Stage 6 – 32

Stage 7 – 30

Stage 8 – 26

Stage 9 – 21

Stage 10 – 26

Stage 11 – 12

Stage 12 – 20  

Don’t let the small round counts on a few of those fool ya!

Weather can be difficult to predict the first couple weeks of September.  It is likely going to be warm with a chance of rain overnight or in the morning at least one day.  Not to be a downer, but it seems to always happen.  We will try and avoid bagging targets at all cost, but make sure to pack some rain gear and some heavily studded shoes for traction.

Logistically, we will start shooting the staff match on Thursday.  Check-in will be available during the staff match and then you may walk stages as they are available.  Please make sure that you sign the USSA waiver prior to entering any of the ranges.  

If you are on a 100 series squad (101-110), you will shoot all-day Friday starting at 8:00am.  

For the Weekend squads, we will be shooting 6 stages plus chrono (after stage 12) per day.  200 series squads will start Saturday at 8:00am and will wrap up before noon on Saturday, then start again at 12:30pm Sunday.  

300 series squads will start at 12:30pm Saturday and wrap up the match starting at 8:00am Sunday.

Staff/Sponsors – All day Thursday

101-110 – All Day Friday 8:00am Start

201-210 – Saturday Morning (8am) and Sunday PM (12:30pm start)

301-310 – Saturday PM (12:30pm start) and Sunday AM (8:00am)

We will be having a short awards ceremony Sunday after shooting and present awards to all of the division winners.  Class awards will be mailed
after the match so make sure your email information is correct. 

Prizes are given as you complete the match, in random order. Please check out the website, as we will start posting information regarding the match much more frequently as we draw nearer.  And check out the Sponsors Page. These companies are going way above and beyond for the match and getting all of you all some really great stuff!!  

Thanks for making this year’s match an incredible one!   

Mike Pinto/Chad Stanton Match Directors    

PS - One last thing, we are past the
 published refund date of July 4th.  

Edited by Prov1x

Since my email apparently ruffled some feathers about the prize table, I must clear something up.  The Division winners will be receiving an additional prize from our friends at Walther Arms as well as a couple others.  So if you want to guarantee yourself a gun, win your division. :)

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

Chad,
Pinto,

I emailed y'all last week about dropping but haven't heard back. What is/was the deadline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 4th was the deadline. It's in the last section of my post above "P.S. one last thing" 

• 3 weeks later...