Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Area 4 Championship, September 8-10, USSA Tulsa

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

You're coming Oklahoma from Hawaii? Hrmmm, I'm not quite sure how to break this to you but it'll still be hot and humid without the scenery. Haha.

Still chaps me that I grew up in Tulsa and never knew about USSA. But then I didn't get into shooting until 5 years after leaving town.

The range is fairly new.  Maybe built around 2007.  Not sure when you left.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, SCTaylor said:

You're coming Oklahoma from Hawaii? Hrmmm, I'm not quite sure how to break this to you but it'll still be hot and humid without the scenery. Haha.

Still chaps me that I grew up in Tulsa and never knew about USSA. But then I didn't get into shooting until 5 years after leaving town.

Every major that I've shot has been in dry, dusty desert ranges except for Area 1 in Albany, Oregon a few years ago.  If there's even a little grass I'll be thrilled.

I don't think the humidity anywhere can be as bad as at my home range.  We'll get into the mid to high 90's with the same % humidity.  Well maybe in Florida.... 

Just an update..  We hit the 100 shooter mark and I am getting entries in every day.  Shooters Connection has come on as a sponsor and it looks like we might be utilizing the new LabRadar Doppler for the Chronograph.  We are in the testing and certification phase to ensure it will be the perfect tool for the job.  Hopefully we can bypass a separate chrono only stage in the future and have these devices pick up shots during a stage..  Maybe someday..  :)

Want to take a second and thank all of our awesome sponsors for the match

Walther Arms - Title Sponsor

MGM Targets - Match Sponsor

JP Enterprises - Match Sponsor

Akai Custom Guns - Open Division Sponsor

Akai Custom Guns - Limited Division Sponsor

Shooters Connection - Gold Sponsor

405 Photo - Stage Sponsor

and many many more to come. 

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Its been a while since I've travelled to Tulsa, any recommendations on a good hotel? I think I stayed at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center in 2013.

Depends if you want to stay all the way in tulsa or in owasso, (where the match is basically held and 10 minutes from the range). I live in Owasso and recommend staying up there. 

There are several nice hotels in owasso and a couple of them are brand new. We have plenty of places to eat, mexican, burgers, bbq, sushi, chinese, steak, a fantastic pizza/italian place, bricktown brewery etc...if you want stuff to do at night or afternoons then besides movies, eating, resting, bars (theres only 2 in owasso) then Tulsa is your spot and only 20-25 minutes away depending on locale. 

We are over 1/3 full already for the match!!  We have 11 days left to be in for a free 2018 Area 4 Slot and one other awesome prize.  So you have two chances to win!!  We are getting sponsor inquiries daily and I have a feeling after the Holidays, we will be rich in sponsorship and prizes.  I believe we are already over $25K.  Working on lodging and it looks like we might even be able to provide transportation from the match hotels, yes, I said hotels.  Lunches at the range, ground transportation, awesome stages and the best staff in the country.. 

On 12/15/2016 at 7:23 AM, BritinUSA said:

Its been a while since I've travelled to Tulsa, any recommendations on a good hotel? I think I stayed at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center in 2013.

I was in Tulsa last week and stayed at Embassy Suites, it was decent. One other option is to use AirBnb. At $40-$50  a night one can't beat the price for non-business travel where someone else is not picking up the tap ;).

• 2 weeks later...

We are finalizing the contract with two hotels this week.  They are Holiday Inn Properties.  There will be shuttle service to and from the range and then shuttles at the shooters discretion for nighttime activities.  They are going to offer a very desirable rate and will even pick competitors up from the airport.  They are 100% shooter friendly and we will have over 100 rooms available.  More to come shortly..

I know it's awfully early in the year, but we are almost at the halfway full point.  We are submitting the stages right after SHOT for approval, and things are coming together for the match.  I cannot wait for September!!  This is going to be one of those matches folks talk about for a while afterwards..  The amenities USSA and the companies in the hosting area are providing are going to make it top notch.  We have the DNROI as the Range Master and the most incredible sponsors in the industry (and even some outside the industry that like where we are taking the sport).  Get those entries in.  This week has seen the most entries in a 7 day period and if we have 3-4 more weeks of this we will start waitlisting.. 

Be safe and see you on the range, or at SHOT, or wherever..

Mike

Hard to say..  I am going to try and keep the squads at 9 for the weekend, which should put us at about 27 minutes per stage, with 3-4 minutes travel/briefing time and a 5 minute walk through, so 35 minutes total.  We will be shooting 6 stages per day, so I am hoping that a noon start yields a quitting time of 3:00-3:30.  Scores and protest period should be done by 4:45-5:00 and then we will do awards.  I will be more than happy to mail awards for the folks that need to leave. 

Hopefully that helps?

Mike

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are at 200 shooters signed up for the match.  Looks like its going to fill up here pretty soon.  We have 7 "Match Sponsors" which means they have all each agreed to a MINIMUM of $2500 in prizes and awards for YOU!  That's a whole bunch of prizes and we aren't even close to being done.  My intention at SHOT this week is to get match and stage and division sponsors for the match and completely blow it out so every shooter gets at least their entry fee back in prizes, and more.  Head on over to practiscore to sign up.

The official lodging was signed today and it will be at the Holiday Inn, Downtown Tulsa.  They have given us rooms at close to 50% off and the hotel is amazing.  They will start taking reservations on Wednesday and the 100 rooms/night will fill up fast, I am sure.

More information to come.

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

Hotel is secured and the rate is locked at $89/night.  This is a great hotel with a ton of things to do within a few blocks.  The folks at Holiday Inn are going above and beyond for us in the ways of transportation and accommodations.  The link below will get you to the right are to book your stay.  Thanks!

https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=TULMS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=ARE&viewfullsite=true